Freeview HD

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I've spotted that Sony has announced Freeview HD on their 2010 range. Any news yet from other manufacturers, please?

A

Anonymous

Panasonic have also advised us that there is going to be a Freeview HD range this year also, no info as of yet or prices.

I presume most manufacturers will adopt Freeview HD as it will be a big thing for 2010 as the World Cup is going to be on ITV / BBC HD and available on Freeview HD, so hopefully the new range of tv's will be out before the World Cup kicks off.

Regards> M

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Freeview HD is not going to be 'rolled out' to my area (Rowridge transmitter) until 2012 so my intitial urgency - about finding a TV and a BluRay/HDD recorder with built in Freeview HD - has abated a bit. (I prefer to wait for Panasonic.)

You need to check if your area is going to be in the 'first wave' (end of March 2010) which will be...

London, Glasgow, Newcastle, Leeds, Bradford and

Birmingham will receive Freeview HD by the end of March 2010.

Manchester, Cardiff and

Swansea will receive Freeview HD by March 2010 as they go through digital switchover.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
All the main TV manufacturers will offer Freeview HD. For example, I also know LG's Freeview HD sets come out in late March (almost half of the LG TV range will feature Freeview HD tuners), and i'd expect others to be around a similar timeframe (and certainly before the World Cup kicks off in June).

As mentioned in other threads re 2010 ranges, we've got a series of in-depth, UK-focused briefings due from all the big brand names over the next month or so (certainly before the new kit hits the shops from late-Feb onwards!), so will bring you all the lowdown on model numbers, availability, tech-specs and pricing as soon as we can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts