Freeview HD / Bluray All in one?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

I'm thinking of getting a Freeview HD box, but am not sure what to get.

Currently I have:

a Samsung 40 inch full HD tv.

a PS3 for Blu-Ray and games with PlayTV for recording freeview.

a Sony DVD/Surround system for Sound when watching films.

I could add in a Humax HRD-Fox T2 as a permanent freeview HD solution.

But what I would really like would be a Freeview HD / BluRay / Surround System so I can just have that and the TV (Move the PS3 upstairs).

Any one know if anything like this is on the way / rumoured?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You can get Freeview HD + Blu-ray recorders in the form of the Panasonic DMR-BW780 (250 GB hard drive) and the Panasonic DMR-BW880 (500 GB hard drive, review here). Both still pretty pricey in my opinion.

I don't know of any plans to release one which also has the surround system built in as well though I'm afraid.

If you decide to keep the PS3 downstairs, you can save some money by looking at the Digital Stream DHR-8205 Freeview HD PVR - available for £200 from John Lewis and the only missing part from it compared to the Humax is the TV portal and DLNA streaming, both of which you've got in the PS3 already.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Indeed, well spotted. I wasn't aware of these until now but Samsung do the BD-C8200 and BD-C8500 players (not recorders) which have single Freeview HD tuner (so you can only record or watch one programme at any one time).

Cheaper than the Panasonics as a result of no disc recording, though from reading around, there seems to be some owners who love it and some who hate it - recommend a trial before you buy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts