Freeview aerial

Lhking

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Just a query, just moved into my second year Uni house and have bought a tv for my room, however, there is only a cord for the external aerial in the living room so how can I negate this problem other than buying an extension cable and wiring up the whole hallway and stairs. Is it possible to buy a little indoor aerial to get freeview? Which is built in to the tv? In my head I can picture the little box with the two prongs out the top? Any help would be great, cheers

Hi LH, and welcome. Those little indoor antenna thingys still exist. You can get them from Argos from about a tenner. Better still, get one from your nearest proper TV shop on the understanding you can return it if it doesn't work.

Maybe you can bag one from a fellow student to try first? They are highly room dependent so one that works next door may not work for you. If you are upstairs you probably have more chance of a good signal.

Good luck!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

If you're in a strong signal area near a transmitter, an indoor aerial may work, but you need to check the freeview website for the strength of signal, and do some research on best performing indoor aerials.

I think I remember an SLX aerial being well reviewed, but I'm not sure which one it was.

Lhking

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your help guys, if they're that cheap might be worth a punt. I shall have a little perusal through the Internet and shall post my findings/results for anyone else who is in my situation :)

KieraMcLean

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
This cannot be done as inbuilt is not avaliable yet. But on your situation, consult aerial services and installation of your tv with perfect spacing and location can be done in a precise manner. This all can be done under the economic price. This will solve the wiring issues of all around in the house.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts