Freesat availability

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Virtually the whole of the UK can receive Freesat - the whole of the British Isles are in the footprint of the satellites, but in a few locations other geographical factors may mean it's not possible to get clear line of site to the satellites.A local installer should be able to advise.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your answer. I had a sticker on my tv saying freesat. I have Sky. does that mean if I plug the lead from my dish into my tv I will receive freesat. I live in the Brighton E.Sussex area (New to this, never blogged before.)

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
If you can get sky via satellite, you can get freesat, the dish points at the same place in the southern sky, 28.2 / 28.5 degrees east of south.

A

Anonymous

Thank you all. I think I have got myself confused between freesat and freeserve which is not available in this area but will be rolled out in 2012. Also although I do have Sky, I would like to switch over to Freesat. I will need to get a receiver first and when I do that I do have a splitter cable. Will this give the TV both signals so that I can try it out first, before cancelling Sky. The dish signal will be split between the two receivers and fed into the tv from both receivers. I would hope that this would give me some free HD channels.

daveh75

A splitter wont work...But if it's temporary just to try out Freesat while you decide whether to ditch Sky or not, then either borrow the sat feed from the Sky box and connect it to the Freesat tuner in your TV, or if you don't want to keep swapping cables then a cheap satellite A/B switch like THIS will do the job.

If you decide to keep Sky but still wan't to use the Freesat tuner in your TV, then you be better off getting an additional feed run from the dish (may require the LNB changing to a quad output one)

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
we ended up getting a 3rd cable run from our sat dish so we could use the freesat tuner in the tv.. we use a tv eye to control the sky hd box from the bedroom upstairs.. its a handy solution as means someone can watch the sky box upstairs while someone else can watch freesat channels downstairs..

TRENDING THREADS