• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Foxsat HDR New Channel Search Pop-Up

geoffreyc

Mar 25, 2010
started getting this pop-up appearing nearly every time I switch the box on out of standby

is there anyway of deactivating this?

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
What does it say? New channels are added from time to time (usually absolute rubbish) but the option should be to add them or cancel. So, basically, I'm not sure what the pop you're getting is. Have you done a retune channels and update software to see if that clears the message?

geoffreyc

Mar 25, 2010
yes it does give me the options to basically ignore but I'm getting this message nearly every time I bring the box out of standby

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Tell it go ahead and add the new channels and it'll stop bothering you.

Until some more new channels turn up, obviously...

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Uh oh. I've had the same thing happen 3 times this afternoon. I've run a retune, and it seems OK at the moment, but I ain't holding my breath. I guess there's some Freesat or Foxsat issue; I have a Foxsat HDR also. Watch this space.......

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
geoffreyc:yes, but no NEW channels are being added

Mine's just done it again today, and no channels were added. Maybe channels are being moved? What's yours doing?

daveh75

Jul 31, 2008
This happened to me a while ago (after one of the F/W updates, iirc) just done a factory reset, which cured it.

Bare in mind though, that a factory reset will delete any recording reservations/series links you have set-up (it won't delete your recordings!!!), so i'd make a note of them before doing so.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts