Foxsat & BBC HD audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I got a new LG pk990 and linked my foxsat box to it through HDMI.

I'm a little miffed about the lack of ability for the TV to switch between sources - when I switch off my blueray I want it to revert back to the foxsat which is doesn't, it just flashes 'no signal' til I select a different source, buy hey, I guess I can live with that.

The odd thing that I have noticed is that on all channels, I can control the level of audio through the ususal Foxsat remote function BUT when I'm on either of the BBC HD channels (BBC HD and BBC1 HD), the audio volume jumps and changing the volume through the foxsat has no effect. I can only change the volume through the tv remote. I have no idea why it would do this.

Its driving me nuts.

I can't get my pioneer amp (vsx920) to pass-through the foxsat to my TV either. Grrr.

daveh75

madmarzon:The odd thing that I have noticed is that on all channels, I can control the level of audio through the ususal Foxsat remote function BUT when I'm on either of the BBC HD channels (BBC HD and BBC1 HD), the audio volume jumps and changing the volume through the foxsat has no effect. I can only change the volume through the tv remote. I have no idea why it would do this.
Its driving me nuts. It's because the HD channels use Dolby Digital (2.0 or 5.1) encoding and volume levels are fixed, whereas the SD channels are encoded in MP2 which does allow for volume adjustment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts