Forum functionality

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It'd be great to be able to see all your posts on one page even though they may be in different categories to see if someone responded after you. For ex, DPReview forums have a page of all your recent posts with a time stamp of the last post. Otherwise I find myself going through different categories and threads to see if someone responded to me or if there is any development since I last read it.

If there is a way to do this and I just don't know it - please enlighten!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Over to you, Mr John Duncan
emotion-2.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, you can click your name and get a list of your most recent posts, but at the moment that's about it. At the moment we're kinda stuck with this forum software, but we hope there'll be an upgrade of functionality and facilities at some point, even though at the moment it looks as though it will be later rather than sooner.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Personally speaking I just use the "See all latest posts" link and just keep an eye on all the topics I'm interested it, it's reasonably easy to determine when a topic of interest has received new posts.

A

Anonymous

chainrock:
It'd be great to be able to see all your posts on one page even though they may be in different categories to see if someone responded after you. For ex, DPReview forums have a page of all your recent posts with a time stamp of the last post. Otherwise I find myself going through different categories and threads to see if someone responded to me or if there is any development since I last read it.

If there is a way to do this and I just don't know it - please enlighten!

I'd echo that. Also, most other forums have a tool that allows an email to be sent if there's a new post made to a thread that you've contributed to - perhaps one for the wishlist of future upgrades?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
randomdelusion:Also, most other forums have a tool that allows an email to be sent if there's a new post made to a thread that you've contributed to - perhaps one for the wishlist of future upgrades?

Way ahead of you on that one. Have already put it on the list, but current system bombards you with emails, which is why it's turned off at the moment.

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:
randomdelusion:Also, most other forums have a tool that allows an email to be sent if there's a new post made to a thread that you've contributed to - perhaps one for the wishlist of future upgrades?

Way ahead of you on that one. Have already put it on the list, but current system bombards you with emails, which is why it's turned off at the moment.

No doubt the list will be on my desk Monday morning........

A

Anonymous

Thanks for replies. I guess we have to live with the current software - but I kindly ask you to speed up the implementation of new software with additional functionality :)

John Duncan

chainrock:Thanks for replies. I guess we have to live with the current software - but I kindly ask you to speed up the implementation of new software with additional functionality :)

Ask me again on Monday, I'm off duty.....
emotion-5.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard:

List John? It's a tome the size of a phonebook, and growing by the day. See you Monday.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard:

List John? It's a tome the size of a phonebook, and growing by the day. See you Monday.
emotion-2.gif

Tome on his desk? It is his desk :)

I won't see you on Monday as the stork left something behind this week.

John Duncan

austinh7:I won't see you on Monday as the stork left something behind this week.

Cool, did think he might have by now. Best of luck with that, see you (in body if not sleep-deprived spirit) soon.

TRENDING THREADS