Foculpods, supports and squash balls

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I got talked into buying a pack of foculpod antivibration supports for my Cyrus 6s CD player by my local dealer a few weeks ago.

I think they make a bit of difference. Only problem is if I place them directly below the 6s's built in isolating pads, they don't fit correctly on the 6S, making it physically unstable (there is a small pad on a large pad, which has a curved base). It just doesn't seem right. I also tried placing the supports to the inside of the existing pads, which makes the unit stable, but makes me think that it's not what Cyrus intended.

Do I dig out a hole in the foculpods to encompass the cyrus's own isolation pads or do I remove the Cyrus's pads (it's still in warranty).

Any suggestions?

I don't have this problem on my other components, which are being supported by cut squash balls!

thanks

Pete

A

Anonymous

Personally I wouldn't be taking a knife to my CD player. Put them to the inside and keep the unit stable. Or don't use them. Or use squash balls. Better still, get someone to do a bit of blind testing, and if you can't tell the difference, put them on eBay ;-)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
up the music:How about putting the CD6 on a granite chopping board and placing the Foculpods under the board?

That would be bright

ÿ

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
The real problem with these devices is they completely ignore the rotation of the earth. That's why I have my CDP suspended from a pendulum.

The period of swing of a simple gravity pendulum depends on its length, the acceleration of gravity, and to a small extent on the maximum angle that the pendulum swings away from vertical, ?0, called the amplitude.[8] It is independent of the mass of the bob. If the amplitude is limited to small swings, the period T of a simple pendulum, the time taken for a complete cycle, is:[9]

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I suppose I've also not considered the directional nature of these pads or whether the sound wlll have changed once I have run them in for a few thousand hours........

I just feel you folks aren't taking this too seriously....

Looks like another £20 down the nick in the name of hifi perfection.....

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i previoulsy bought the brigtstar isonodes from the us and thought they made a difference - in both cases when i have used them i removed the original feet - roksan kandy just pulled out and arcam solo movie just pulled off - contact cyrus and ask hw they are removed - it might be smething weird like screwed on to base plate or something or they may just pull off

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts