FM tuners general advice needed?

George

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, at the moment I have a cheap JVC micro system providing FM radio to my main hi-fi via the headphone socket on the micro system. It sounds pretty good and to my ears the FM radio sounds better (clearer) than radio on my Humax Foxsat HD Freesat box (although the Bass is better from the Freesat box). What I would like to know is there any point in getting a 'proper' componant FM tuner or is the limiting factor here FM itself? If there is an advantage to getting a good FM tuner what improvements in sound could I expect and what would be a good tuner to buy on a budget (I don't mind buying second hand)?

Thanks in advance.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
George said:
Hi, at the moment I have a cheap JVC micro system providing FM radio to my main hi-fi via the headphone socket on the micro system. It sounds pretty good and to my ears the FM radio sounds better (clearer) than radio on my Humax Foxsat HD Freesat box (although the Bass is better from the Freesat box). What I would like to know is there any point in getting a 'proper' componant FM tuner or is the limiting factor here FM itself? If there is an advantage to getting a good FM tuner what improvements in sound could I expect and what would be a good tuner to buy on a budget (I don't mind buying second hand)?

Thanks in advance.

Are you in the UK? What stations do you enjoy the most?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts