FM Ariel for tuner?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

I just picked up an ol Techncs STZ45 tuner in a charity shop for £2. Can anyone recommend a decent cheap indoor aerial so I can test it?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Thatll do nicwely thanks. Do I just put the white plastic T section on the wall?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
bobbyg81:Thatll do nicwely thanks. Do I just put the white plastic T section on the wall?

Yes about 2m (6 feet) up the wall from the tuner (high up as it will go) and then you will see it is 'T' shaped. Blu-Tack the top of the 'T' horizontally and experiment in different places/walls until you get the clearest signal.

Don't sling it behind the equipment or try and form the 'arms' for the 'T' into a corner. The top of the 'T' is a dipole of optimum length for FM.

If the best reception has the aerial in a place that will not suit tuner placement/domestic harmony then buy a suitable length of 75ohm double screened coax and plug in tuner at one end and the Balun/Convertor in the other.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Some years ago, when I bought my Sony ST-261, I bought a cheapo splitter from Tandy. It took the aerial coax lead from the TV aerial and split it between TV set and tuner. Worked a treat. Might not have been the very best, but was a very cheap and effective upgrade.

Does anyone know what happens when the UK goes digital?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
ESP2009:Does anyone know what happens when the UK goes digital?

Yes. You swap over to the DAB portion of your tuner.

And/or plug in your Freeview box/DVD recorder/PVR/Skybox etc for Freeview radio.

Or you use some of the 10,000 + internet radio stations from your computer or Squeezebox or whatever. (Including BBC iPlayer.)

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
chebby:

ESP2009:Does anyone know what happens when the UK goes digital?

Yes. You swap over to the DAB portion of your tuner.

And/or plug in your Freeview box/DVD recorder/PVR/Skybox etc for Freeview radio.

Or you use some of the 10,000 + internet radio stations from your computer or Squeezebox or whatever. (Including BBC iPlayer.)

Pretty much what I thought, but I had to ask. My Sony tuner has already been relegated, sadly. The modern world is just too much.
emotion-9.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts