floorstanders

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i am four weeks away from getting some speakers and im shocked that floorstanders sound good in a small room, which i have. i am starting to think its the way to go i loved the RS6's when i heard them but i also liked the mezzo6's i cant spilt them. i have been offered the mezzo6's for £600 cash which get 5stars at £800 but the best i can find the RS6's is also £600 which would be the better buy.

i will one day buy the centre and rears to match to form a 5.1 but for now i will be playing through a old yamaha amp and a c/audio 640h which i just bought saturday (black graded stock for £270 from richer sounds leicester) which is class for me.

A

Anonymous

I have never heard the Mezzos but I can certainly recommend RS6s! (I had auditioned them before and got my own today :)

EDIT: Apart from great looks, clarity and punchy bass, I like that RS6s sound great at even low volumes - I can still enjoy my music while my neighbors catch up on sleep.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
what colour did u go for? i do like the red ones i think its rosewood very classy. sorry to be personal but how much did u snap them up for? and were from ?

A

Anonymous

I went for walnut. Rosenut looked great but just a bit too red for me, cherry one is good too...

I essentially got them for 625 minus some store credits I had from returns.

EDIT: Someone on this forum had suggested that RS6s are quite a bit better than Mezzo6s but i can't recall which thread it was.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:
i am four weeks away from getting some speakers and im shocked that floorstanders sound good in a small room, which i have. i am starting to think its the way to go i loved the RS6's

Interestingly enough, the best setup I've heard (not nearly the most expensive) was a pair of Monitor Audio GS20 Floostanders in a 3.5M x 3.5M room driven by 50 Watt Musical Fidelity X-T100 Integrated and the matching CD player... I also used to own Mission V63 Floorstanders in a 3M x 3M room... so yes, you can have great results with a floorstander in a small room (just make sure you don't opt for massive and bass heavy speakers)...

A

Anonymous

Ajani:
you can have great results with a floorstander in a small room (just make sure you don't opt for massive and bass heavy speakers)...

I agree, my floorstanders sound great in my bedroom, which is very small :)

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks everyone listened to the br5's today and they were good for 400 pound and the centre,sub,and br1's are nice prices so might be able to get the whole bronze range by the end of the end the rs range is a little dear

A

Anonymous

I have the Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 8's and they are immense, The Mezzo 6's are actually recommended over the 8's (but i wonted the full range and the extra punch). I have listened to the Mezzo 6's lots of times (working somewhere that actually sells them) i would recommend them 100% they are fantastic also look great and for £600 steal!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts