floorstanders in small room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I bought a new set in the hard living room: AVI ADM 9.1 (2nd hand) where I play some slow music.

But I have another smaller well demped room where I want to play some bigger music like prodigy, nirvana, muse etc.

I can place the speakers 50 cm from each wall and I have 2 mtrs distance between speakers + 2 meters from speaker to listening position. The total room is +- 12 m2.

I want bigger bass then the ADM's in this room, could I put some floorstanders in these conditions?

budget is 1,000 pounds.

amp+source = roksan kandy k2 amp+cd.

thanks Johnny

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd say go for it!
emotion-5.gif

My room is pretty much like yours (except with the worst acoustics you could think of). Concrete walls, wooden floor + no soft furnishings except for my bed/sofa, and I still enjoy the sound (though I'm starting to think I should do some acoustic treatment) :p

I would recommend (and sorry if I am totally biased here) the Dali Ikon 5 mk2. It's pretty compact for a floorstander, but still gives you a way more gutsy performance than a standmount
emotion-5.gif

JohnnyLion:

Hi

I bought a new set in the hard living room: AVI ADM 9.1 (2nd hand) where I play some slow music.

But I have another smaller well demped room where I want to play some bigger music like prodigy, nirvana, muse etc.

I can place the speakers 50 cm from each wall and I have 2 mtrs distance between speakers + 2 meters from speaker to listening position. The total room is +- 12 m2.

I want bigger bass then the ADM's in this room, could I put some floorstanders in these conditions?

budget is 1,000 pounds.

amp+source = roksan kandy k2 amp+cd.

thanks Johnny

Totem Arro. Superb sounding and great in small rooms.

A

Anonymous

igglebert:Based on my experiences of floorstanders and standmounters+sub in a small room, something like the Neutron+sub option will be the best performer. Now, if you want a muddier, less focused sound then go for a floorstander in that sized room.

Dont agree with that comment at all...

I've heard the Neat Motive 2's, Rega RS3's and the PMC GB1i's in small rooms and they sounded superb!

I agree that bigger floorstanders would be overkill and too OTT for a small room but the right ones with the right seperates will do very well

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
IMO small floorstanders can work perfectly well in small rooms. I used to have the small Dali Lektor 1's but these floorstanders I have now is so much better. Yes, they are more expensive than the Lektor range, but I still get a way clearer sound than before + plus the added bass and presence from a floorstander
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

You have a lot of small floorstanders these days:

Audiovector K-serie, Totem Arro, Dali Ikon 5, Neat Motive, PMC Gb1i, Audio Physic Yara, Tannoy DC4T, Epos m16i, Spendor a5, Kef q500, Monitor Audio BX5, B&W CM8.

Well maybe I miss some, but It's a lot to choose from.

I think the AVI neutron 2.1 will act like a small floorstander too because of the matched sub and the subvolume display.

It will be a hard choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts