Floor standers for £500-700 - advice please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys.

I currently have a Marantz pm6003 driving a pair of Mission 773e. I find the Missions rather lacking in bass and a little too bright/forward sounding, so I’m looking to change them to something a bit fuller sounding with good solid bass, probably floor standers. Price wise I’m thinking around £500, although I could stretch a bit further if something was really worth the extra. I have a pretty broad musical taste, but I mainly listen to blues/rock/metal type stuff – AC/DC, Joe Bonamassa, Rush, Cult, Metallica etc, so I’m after speakers that will work well for this sort of music. I'm not averse to buying second hand if there's a better deal to be found.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help/advice

T

the record spot

The Q Acoustics 2050 would do you nicely by all accounts. A reader in this month's Hi Fi World had a similar budget and taste in music. They're big speakers, and the gloss finish is £449. Well worth a look and with a 92db sensitivity, you'll not need to turn the wick up much on the amp to get them rocking. Massive scale and soundstage with them too. True, you could buy better used to get more for your money, but you'd want to improve the amp then as well. Whereas the 2050s might be a good fit with the 6003 (can't say, but you should have a listen) and will withstand an amp upgrade in time as well.

jovior

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Iïve also got the Marantz connected to Mission m34i and m3c2i and for me they do the job

very well (I listen to mainly blues, jazz and classical)... If I were you I would have a look to

the Monitor Audio Bronze BX5... joseph

A

Anonymous

I got my RX6 for less than 750.00.

Phone a dealer ask how much if you paid now with cash, I am sure, some will give you a good discount.

They are the best speakers in this price range and will go well with marantz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts