Fleetwood Mac - Rumours special Anniversary edition

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought the 2 CD re-master back in 2004 and as the reviewer opines, is another version really necessary? It's hard to believe that the 2004 version could be improved upon (or the original 1977 vinyl for that matter) so as much as I love this album I shall not be investing in this latest money making exercise. Those of you who don't own it though, you should, it's a classic (a much over used term but dead right for this album).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
'Shiny', perfect production, a hi-fi demo classic.

I have never wanted to dance to it.

My dad would have liked it.

'The Chain' is excellent because it means a Grand Prix race is starting.

A lot of soulful stuff (including much anger and heartache) went into it's production but safe 'bank manager/drivetime rock' came out.

It's ok but I doubt I am ever going to buy it again. I can't get any feeling going for it. Not even nostalgia.

File with 'Hotel California' (another excrutiatingly well produced album - that is also a hi-fi demo classic - and something that our dads bought in the 1970s).

Albums for people who chose music to show off their expensive tower systems after dinner parties.

chebby said:

A lot of soulful stuff (including much anger and heartache) went into it's production but safe 'bank manager/drivetime rock' came out.

It's ok but I doubt I am ever going to buy it again. I can't get any feeling going for it. Not even nostalgia.

File with 'Hotel California' (another excrutiatingly well produced album - that is also a hi-fi demo classic - and something that our dads bought in the 1970s).

Albums for people who chose music to show off their expensive tower systems after dinner parties.

Fleetwood Mac are one of those bands you love to hear on the radio and, as you just about to hop in the car to the record shop, the cat needs was 'n' brush up. I want to get excited about their albums... but can't.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
chebby said:

Fleetwood Mac are one of those bands you love to hear on the radio and, as you just about to hop in the car to the record shop, the cat needs was 'n' brush up. I want to get excited about their albums... but can't.

Yes, I agree, if it wasn't for my pesky, dirty cat my house would be full of Fleetwood Mac LPs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts