First system set up - Help!

shamps01

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I am building an extension (4m x 4.7m) to act as a movei/music room with the main focus for sound quality on music.

Room is square with no external windows on the walls and a set of double french doors leading off a dining room.

Looking to have a Project Debut Carbon Turntable possibly into a phono-stage then into an Arcam FMJ A19 amplifier.

Was looking to have B&W635 on stands as the speakers but Richer Sounds dont have an account with B&W and are trying to sway me onto Dali/Focal/Monitor etc. but I am getting a bit confused around the best speakers to have to suit the set up - IE paired with the Arcam.

Any thoughts - budget for the speakers is around the £600 mark.

We are also putting a 55" TV through the Yamaha YSP4500 Soundbar but want to keep the two systems separate for sound quality

Thanks in advance

Shamps.

rainsoothe

Well, people seem to like B&W 685 s2 a lot when partnered with the A19, and I can understand why, since they balance it's warm nature. I got a deal recently, and bought the A19 together with Focal Aria 906 standmounts. I love their sound, they're warm, relaxed but detailed and NOT boring. Audition if you can, but they go great together imo.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
There is no substitute for listening! People on here can doubtless give you a steer but then you need to go and listen. If the dealer can't provide the kit go somewhere else.

Chris

PS People will want to know your musical tastes.

shamps01

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Going to audition this weekend with the A19 amp and KEF LS50 and B&W685's to get an idea - read some mixed reviews about the LS50 so will see how these sound.

Room is square, carpeted with no curtains as it doesnt have any windows in it - would that make a difference?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts