first lcd . help... or do i go plasma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i'm in need of some help in buying my first lcd tv. had been planning on buying the sony kdl40w2000 even though it's possibly a little large for my room,( might move next year so not too worried) but in light of the new generation of tv's just been brought out not sure what to do. i only have around £900 to spend, are there any good 37/40inch sets out there in this price range. i manly watch dvd',s and a bit of footie ,just dont want to regrete buying the sony in a years time. hope someone can help, i'm a yorkshire man so spending more than tenner on anything i break out into a sweat so at£900 ish i wanna make sure i get it right,

A

Anonymous

thanks for that. email on the way, are these the new generation 37"lcds and are they any better than the sony 40w2000

A

Anonymous

Why have you decided on LCD's, why not a Pana 37" plasma? Still have the edge on LCD at the moment, imo.

A

Anonymous

not really sure about plasmas. everyone just seems to talk about lcd so never really concidered them. why are people buying lcd if plasmas are still better? and are they better than this new stuff from sony and pana(lcd)? 100hz and 24 whatever.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The reason more LCD sets are sold than Plasma is down to the simple fact that most people buy a set under 37"" which is the smallest Plasma you can get, for example all 15"" LCd sets sold for Bedrooms etc all go towards LCd sales figures as where a 37""+ set is used as your main tv.

Also there is a lot of misinformation given by sales people in stores like Currys about LCD vs Plasma which does not help, but ultimatly you have to look at what are you needs from your choice of tv? If like me you watch a lot of DVDS then Plasma is the way to go as it will offer far greater Blacks that a LCD simply can not produce as it is back-lit as where a Plasma screen can switch off indivual pixels hence a better black, not to mention a better handling of motion.

For some interesting facts take a look here, http://www.plasma-lcd-facts.co.uk/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts