First Hifi setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am new to the forum and need to ask some questions about my first setup. I am looking to buy a stereo amp, cd player and, eventually, a new turntable. I have spent many years with a poor hifi setup, a crappy little cd player/tuner and a old Ion turntable. It is about time I upgraded as I am an avid music buyer. I would like, ideally, a vintage amp mainly due to cosmetics. I have been looking at Rotel and old technics amps but I have a question regarding connections.

The turntable is connected via the phono inputs, can I connect a cd player to the aux inputs? I also have a old tape deck that I still occasionally use.

If you could please advise me on things to look out for and please be gentle, i am new to all this!!

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
My comments won't probably help if you want a vintage amp, though like you when I rearranged my system I wanted a traditional non computer based set up. At, the moment I have an amp , cd player and tuner linked via a Beresford dac. However if I was starting a system afresh now, I woul probably consider an amp with digital inputs (inbuilt dac). This would mean you could play the cds on an inexpensive cd player or blu ray player, and connect through digital leads to the amp, which would the do the work the cd player dac would do. It would be more convenient and allow you to spend more money on amp/speakers/turntable. I have not got personal experience of them, but Rotel RA11 and Onkyo A90540 do this - it is the way I think I would go if I were starting again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts