First Hi-Fi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Okay, i am looking to buy my first hifi. Right now, ive got an old philips midi system which i use for cds/home cinema and gaming but the CD player has died on it, so i am looking to replace it.

I have a budget of under £250 (i know its not muich but im a student). Anyway, ive been looking online for deals and found some on richer sounds

http://www.richersounds.com/information/hifisystems

System 1 and System 2 take my fancy. The first system (with the CD player) would be best for me (as i dont have an ipod for use with the dock on the second system) however im a bit dubious about Tangent stuff (have a tangent DVD recorder and its really poor)

Can anyone reccomend any kit for my price range? and what to look for when buying a hifi. I know a little as i used to work in an a/v store

A

Anonymous

Does it definitely have to be a seperates system? You're probably going to struggle to get something reasonable for your budget unless you're prepared to look into the 2nd hand market.

There are some good micro systems around these days. Superfi are offering this for just inside your budget. The F1s are cracking little speakers too, which you could transfer onto a better seperates system in the future.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Well the reason i started looking at seperates was because i didnt want to have to deal with a similar problem again in a few years, of the cd player dying and then having to chuck out the whole unit.

P.s if i did go down the seperates route, could i use my midi speakers? or not? they seem to have different connections to my dads seperates sysem - his has copper cables and bana plugs and the midi system has 2 small red and black wires.

A

Anonymous

Just had a thought, does your midi system have any spare RCA inputs? If it has you could always buy just a CD player for the time being and then upgrade the amp and speakers when funds allow.

Some good deals here and here.

As for your speakers, yes you could always connect them to the binding posts on an amp, but I would say that any half decent amp would probably show the speakers up, and depending on the power rating of the speakers, they may not last too long if you start to crank the volume up a bit!

Nadeac

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Do a search on ebay theres some good second hifi at decent prices this for instance

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cambridge-Audio-Amplifier-A1-MK3-SE-Hi-Fi-Separate-Amp_W0QQitemZ250449926652QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers?hash=item3a4ffa99fc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1300%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

get a matching cd player for around the same{do a search} ,then a new pair of f1s{About 80} and nice speaker cable still probably less than £250

id definatly go for secondhand theres some bargains out there ,Electronic equipment seems to depreciate as bad as an average new car!

Mark

TRENDING THREADS