Question First Hi-Fi setup! Please help with some advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

richdaws7

May 17, 2022
It's a nice list but asking us to find a system that will sound good to you is not going to work.
That's not the point. I picked these because I liked how they sound. So I'm okay with anyone of these, no matter if the prices are not the on the same range or there are different category speakers and amps. The question is, do you think there's a good value combination in this list? And which speakers pairs best with the listed amps and if you think the price is right.

Last edited:
Then pick the cheapest... and don't pay for features you do not need. Some of the amps listed have streaming built in and some do not...decide what you need.
I think you need to get your list down to your top three....then choose. 👍
I was going to say pretty much the same thing. There's too much variation in the listed amps. If you don't need an inbuilt DAC or streaming section, or even a phono stage then don't pay for it. The OP needs to ascertain what functions are required and then shorten the list accordingly.
Get the speakers sorted first as to what works the best then worry about the amp

Reactions: richdaws7

leemccann1

Sep 2, 2020
get some Kef LS50 wiress 2's. they have an HDMI for the TV and already have the amp and streamer built in for your streaming needs. add a sub (or 2) later if required

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS