Firmware update problem on Panasonic bd30.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I have been trying to put on ver 2.0 firmware update on my bd30 without any joy, i went on to the panasonic site clicked on support then on downloads put in the model number then saved it, once i had saved it i burnt to a c.d, but the bd30 just says UNSUP PORT on the display, i have checked the current version which is only ver 1.0. I'm not a big computer user so some basic help would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Sorry I'm about to leave for work in a minute - so I'll try anyway. Did you burn the ZIP file it comes downloaded in or did you use some disc burning software such as CDBurner XP (freeware) to burn the FRM file (which I think needs to be done).

If everything is OK up to there make sure it's a CD-R disc!

If all is not clear when I'm back (which undoubtedly it will be with this forum =P) I'll go through in more detail what I suspect the prob is.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply Blunny89, I have been useing a CD-R disc to burn on to but would be very grateful if you could go through it in more detail.

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem trying to update my BD30 and thought I had broken the player. I am not the best on the PC either

I found that I had not downloaded the firmware properly, I had downloaded the zip film and burnt that to the CD-R.

I had to download the zip, then extract it, then save the extracted file to the CD-R and this worked perfectly. Hope this helps

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your help markjaspi, i have tried what you said but with no luck so i must be doing something wrong, any more help would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Right... Back from work and I'm downloading the file as I write this. Will read into what needs to be done then get back to you.

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the late reply, the download took well over an hour :|... After reading the manual, this is how it suggests you install the software.

1. Download software
2. Extract Zipped File
3. Use burning software (for example Windows XP/Vista built-in software or use CDBurner XP - my personal preference) to burn the file (PANA_DVD.FRM) and only the one file on to a CD-R
4. Insert into disc player

If you have followed all of those steps I can't see what the problem is and it may be worth contacting Panasonic... Well that's how I've interpreted the installation.

A

Anonymous

Um,

"[Note]:
If the firmware version currently installed in the Panasonic BD player is the same or more recent
than the firmware version on the update disc, "UNSUP/PORT" will be displayed for approximately 5
seconds on the front display of the Panasonic BD player. In this case, an update is unnecessary -
please remove the disc."

Maybe you should re-download the file? Just a thought.

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi there,

I had the same problems trying to update the BD30 burning the disc with windows vista, rang panasonic sent them a disc and they burned the firmware for me but still no luck, thought there must be a fault with the player and was ready to take it into a dealer when i read on other forums about using CDBurnerXP so i gave it a go and it worked perfectly and have just installed the new firmware 2.1 with no problems.

Gazuk

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Could I ask what do you get from these Firmware updates as I have the BD 30 model and has played every disc from Cars to The Dark Knight with no problems, so I therefore have not bothered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts