finally settled on solution for my study

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Well, I've been umming and ahhhing since december last year, but now I've finally settled on a solution and placed an order. I sat looking at the 'complete order' button for 10 minutes just now before plucking up the courage to take the leap. A new pair of rosewood AVI ADM9.1s plus stands should be winging there way to me within the month (or however long the backorder is). I'd tried to audition them several times at several dealers but had always been out of luck..... so it's a blind purchase..... I couldn't find a more cost-effective solution that would integrate with my sonos streaming..... 

ARGH. First time i've bought something without hearing it and I'm nervous! I wonder if AVI have a no quibble returns policy!!!

A

Anonymous

Hmmm...spending a grand without auditioning? You're brave.

Anyway, distance selling regs will protect you if you dont like them.

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Not something I do normally, but it seems AVI are doing most of their business outside of the traditional dealer network these days. And I'm usually so risk averse too!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mikeinbrum:
Well, I've been umming and ahhhing since december last year, but now I've finally settled on a solution and placed an order. I sat looking at the 'complete order' button for 10 minutes just now before plucking up the courage to take the leap. A new pair of rosewood AVI ADM9.1s plus stands should be winging there way to me within the month (or however long the backorder is). I'd tried to audition them several times at several dealers but had always been out of luck..... so it's a blind purchase..... I couldn't find a more cost-effective solution that would integrate with my sonos streaming.....ÿ

ARGH. First time i've bought something without hearing it and I'm nervous! I wonder if AVI have a no quibble returns policy!!!

How big is your study?!

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
The study isn't huge- a little over 8ft by 11ft so we'll see how they perform in that type of space! An email from Ashley just a few hours ago saying that the kit will be with me on saturday so looks like I'll have a weekend to get to know them!

A

Anonymous

They and the stands are packed and sitting by the factory door for collection by the courier on Friday.

They are perfect for an 11 x 8 ft room where they will easily achieve higher SPL levels than you'd expect from a Band without distorting. However if you're not a headbanger, you'll appreciate the exceptional clarity at low levels.

I really hope they are a success.

Ash

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
mikeinbrum:

I'm sure they'll sound wonderful, but don't forget that any mail order purchase is subject to the distance selling regulations, which means, amongst other things, that you have a 7 day cooling off period.

emotion-5.gif

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the cooling off period allows for usage of the product, so once it's out the box and plugged in, I think that's the point that the protection ends.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It is all on the AVI website....

"4. CANCELLATION AND RETURNS POLICY

4.1 If you wish to cancel your order:

(a) you can notify us by email to sales@avihifi.com before we have dispatched the goods to you; or

(b) where goods have already been dispatched to you, by returning goods to us in accordance with clause 4.2 below.

4.2 You can return goods you have ordered from us for any reason at any
time within 14 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange. The costs
of returning goods to us shall be borne by you.

4.3 Upon receipt of the goods we will give you a full refund of the amount paid or an exchange credit as required.

4.4 The rights to return the goods to us as referred to in clause 4.3 will not apply in the following circumstances: -

in the event that the product has been used

The provisions of this clause 4.4 do not affect your statutory rights."

...point 4.4 states refund terms of 4.3 will not apply... "in the event that the product has been used".

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
mikeinbrum:I don't think the cooling off period allows for usage of the product, so once it's out the box and plugged in, I think that's the point that the protection ends.

Interesting, that. As is the fact you have seven days from the day after you recieve the goods.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I pasted the AVI cancellation and returns policy in my last update.

It is very clear. They will accept returns up to 14 days after receipt. Unless the item has been used.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
chebby:

I pasted the AVI cancellation and returns policy in my last update.

It is very clear. They will accept returns up to 14 days after receipt. Unless the item has been used.

It is indeed clear, as is the law. luckily, theres no real issue here, as AVIs conditions are more relaxed in one regard than the law (the max period you can have the product for). I find the idea that you cant use them strange, but AVI and the official regs agree on that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts