Finally, set up my system properly

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I moved back into my old flat two weekends ago and just plonked the hifi on stand and speakers a rough guestimate as to placement.I've now taken the time to set it up properly (even though a couple of boxes are still linger):
DSCF1585-1.jpg
[*]ProAc Tablette Reference 8 Signature's, [*]Naim Nait 5i & CD 5i [*]Project Debut III [*]Kef 1005's (sneaking in from the home cinema) [/list]

A

Anonymous

Very cool. Shame the picture isn't bigger but nice system.What does it sound like?jules.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="huddo"]Eddie, do your speakers need that much free space ??[/quote]
Those little beasties would give a nicer bass closer to the wall IMO. In free space they sounded a little light. Looks very nice though. Great choice of kit!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="jules153"]Very cool. Shame the picture isn't bigger but nice system.What does it sound like?jules.[/quote]Sounds great. the Naim stuff is still running in though. The replacement CD5i arrived in the shop today so picking it up tomorrow.

@ Huddo and Igglebert
I think so. I set them up against the wall and then moved them further apart (and back) till they sounded best, and then away from the wall.I may go back and listen again in a few days and see if they need moved. They're only 50cm from the back wall.Edit: the first picture i posted was way to big so i shrank it a couple of times (i'll change it to the next size up when i get home)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I haven't seen any speakers position in that way before but if it works in your room who are we to argue.

Nice set up mate
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fast eddie"][quote user="jules153"]Very cool. Shame the picture isn't bigger but nice system.
What does it sound like?

jules.[/quote]Sounds great. the Naim stuff is still running in though. The replacement CD5i arrived in the shop today so picking it up tomorrow.

@ Huddo and Igglebert
I think so. I set them up against the wall and then moved them further apart (and back) till they sounded best, and then away from the wall.

I may go back and listen again in a few days and see if they need moved. They're only 50cm from the back wall.

Edit: the first picture i posted was way to big so i shrank it a couple of times (i'll change it to the next size up when i get home)
[/quote]

Great fun. Hours of enjoyment.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
I haven't seen any speakers position in that way before but if it works in your room who are we to argue.

Nice set up mate
emotion-21.gif

[/quote]I'm a wee bit worried now!The picture makes them look toe out, but they're not. and they're actually not 'that' far from the wall. what looks odd about them? i'm thinking maybe its the photo tha makes things look strange.Edit: Bass sounds perfect.
emotion-2.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Yeah for a moment I thought you are the only Hifi nut that have your main speakers set up like a rear surround sound pair!

The only ProAc pair that I rate the bass preformance
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Yeah there's a floor standing stand (you can see the screen part leaning on the wall on the right) I'd like a wall mounted one, but think that would cost too much.

HC is:
Kef 1005's
Onkyo 505
Themescene H56
Toshiba something or other
Xbox 360

A

Anonymous

p.s. there's a tv in the bedroom i've been against a tv in the livingroom for years as i think it just gets switched on to rubbish and people sit like idiots instead of talking.

A

Anonymous

finally wall mounted the B&W's in the bedroom so i have to give them a listen soon. they sound nice with the audiobook cd that was in the player, but not tried music yet.it would have been a shame to just put them in the cupboard to gather dust.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fast eddie"]I'd like a wall mounted one, but think that would cost too much[/quote]

My Sapphire screen was just over £100 6ft, unfortunately can't remember where I got it from. There not very expensive.

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
fast eddie:Yeah there's a floor standing stand (you can see the screen part leaning on the wall on the right)

Hi Eddie

I've been toying with the idea of getting a floor standing portable screen to take movie/big match/special occasion duties from my 37in plasma.

Have you had any problems with having your centre channel behind the screen? Or is it perforated?ÿ

ÿ

cheers

Jÿ

A

Anonymous

Jonathan_E:
fast eddie:Yeah there's a floor standing stand (you can see the screen part leaning on the wall on the right)

Hi Eddie

I've been toying with the idea of getting a floor standing portable screen to take movie/big match/special occasion duties from my 37in plasma.

Have you had any problems with having your centre channel behind the screen? Or is it perforated?ÿ

ÿ

cheers

Jÿ
Hi JonathanI've not noticed any problems with the speaker, Its not actually sitting behind the screen (not perforated), but rather just behind the central support (about 1/2 inch wide maximum). It probably affects the sound slightly, but not that i can tell.hope that helps,
Ed

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Ah, okay; thanks Ed, that makes sense.

I had in my head a pull-up screen (I've borrowed one a few times for home use), where there's fabric all the way up from the floor.

But of course a screen with support struts would remove any of those potential problems.ÿ

cheers

Jonnyÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

fast eddie:I moved back into my old flat two weekends ago and just plonked the hifi on stand and speakers a rough guestimate as to placement.

I've now taken the time to set it up properly (even though a couple of boxes are still linger):
DSCF1585-1.jpg

[*]ProAc Tablette Reference 8 Signature's, [*]Naim Nait 5i & CD 5i [*]Project Debut III [*]Kef 1005's (sneaking in from the home cinema) [/list]

NICE SET-UP! Simple and quality stuffs.

Anyway, I'd like to get into vinyl a little and am wondering how you feel the Debut perform compared to your CD5i. Also, what are you using as your phonostage?

A

Anonymous

warsurfer:

NICE SET-UP! Simple and quality stuffs.

Anyway, I'd like to get into vinyl a little and am wondering how you feel the Debut perform compared to your CD5i. Also, what are you using as your phonostage?
I've only got a few doubles these day's as i've given most of the others way, but in general i wouldn't say that the vinyl sounds significantly worse than the cd's. I compared Tom Waits Real Gone on the Debut III vs 5i and i can't remember much of a difference. will try and have another listen tonight (g/f complaints depending) hopefully to something else less muddy and report back.i'm using a nad pp2 phonostage and linn black interconnects btw

edit: i've also just moved the speakers closer to the wall so maybe that'll let me hear more differences. I'm intending to give setting them up another go in general just incase i got it wrong last time.

A

Anonymous

Playing with the new camera tonight and the Naim logo got a photo opportunity.

Posted mainly because i'm surprised a hand held 3 second exposure can look so sharp!
IMG_0083.jpg

TRENDING THREADS