filling speaker stands

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I didn't have anything at all in my Partingtons for years, but when I had my driveway done, I nicked some of the surplus kiln dried sand.

To be honest, I've not noticed much difference.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Peter Partington states his stands don't need filling and IIRC he said that if you insist on doing it you should use either rice or oats, I can't remember which. I have atabites in my speakers and my friend used them in his atacama stands, we've found them to be okay.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
might just bung some dried sand in em and see if there is any difference, one other thought i had is i might see if i can get some nice heavy paper weights for sitting atop them instead of the house brick the mag recommends...........or would a couple of plasma balls, one on each speaker look way to silly ........??

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
timwileman:...or would a couple of plasma balls, one on each speaker look way to silly ........??

Not at all. I love plasma balls in a cheesy, nerdish way........

A

Anonymous

timwileman wrote the following post at Wed, Jul 02 2008 9:36 AM:
"what do you guys fill yer stands with and what is best??? has there ever been any tests done in the mag?

A little while ago somebody on this forum suggested to use plastic bags filled with sand- easily removable and no risk of rusting from the inside. I thought it a brilliantly simple idea and gladly pass it on.

For adding weight to a speaker a granite or marble slab/cutting board is best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts