My set up comprises:

Clearwater Concept TT

Trichord Dino

Roksan Caspian CD Player

Roksan Caspian Amp

ProAc D2s on Partington Broadside stands

Chord Carnival leads

This sits on a 3 stage Atacama Bamboo shelving unit

Speaker stands are filled with Atabytes and spiked, and the shelving is all spiked. Despite all of this, I cannot play an album without reverb/feedback/jumping unless I tiptoe carefully across the floor and sit very still indeed on my bed. I am presuming the floorboards in my room are the problem, but would a couple of paving stones under the shelf unit make the difference, or is it better to invest in a turntable shelf?

I would really value people's opinions on this before I go out at midnight and hoik up a paving slab!

Cheers :cheers:

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Assuming your walls are solid enough to take one, a shelf could be the answer in sorting out any mechanical feedback – ie through the structure of the room. But it really depends how close your speakers are to the turntable, as you could still get airborne feedback.

camcroft

josbd said:
Also, not sure where my brain was, but my original posting should, of course, have read ClearAudio....... :wall:

Clearwater Revival TT
smiley-laughing.gif

josbd

Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
Alears said:
camcroft said:
josbd said:
Also, not sure where my brain was, but my original posting should, of course, have read ClearAudio....... :wall:

Clearwater Revival TT
smiley-laughing.gif

...........I wouldn't give that any creadance! :grin:

My first thoughts would be to check the cartridge tracking weight is correct, or you must have some very dodgy floorboards.

Aargh!!!! Although wincing, badly.... I have to give you cred for those two!!

Cart tracking weight etc, everything is, in fact done for you before each tt leaves the factory........... but naturally this was not enough for one used (as I am certain you all are) to the arcane ways of setting up a turntable. So I had to check it out. The cart tracked at 2.0g. Once I sit down, there is no issue with feedback etc. It is footfall which causes all of the grief. So very dodgy floorboards would appear to be the prob!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts