Favourite Seasonal Tune

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Just want to find out which is your favourite Christmas song of all time?

Mine has to be I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake, closely followed by I Heard the Bells on Christmas day by John Gorka and Breath of Heaven by Melisa Manchester.

Sugden A21L amp, Naim CD5XS CDP, Chord Cobra3 i.c. and ProAc Studio 130 speakers.

T

the record spot

There are probably three for me: traditional choices would be Silent Night and Once in Royal David's City, while contemporary would The Waitresses' "Christmas Rapping". Not a duffer in sight!

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps it can't compete with the classics but check this out - cheesy seasonal fun for a local charity "Hallam FM Cash for Kids appeal"

Let it Snow

this isn't spam - some mates of mine created this round at my house, the video is down my local pub etc. I'm even on the backing vocals at the end!
emotion-17.gif

You can't be too serious...

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
chebby:

"Once in Royal David's City" as sung every year at the beginning of the 'Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols' from Kings college on Christmas Eve.

And "For Unto us a Child is Born" from 'The Messiah' (every Christmas morning before everyone else gets up.)

Pure class Chebby!

In terms of traditional tunes, I love "In the bleak mid winter" and "Gabriel's Message"

Sugden A21L amp, Naim CD5XS CDP, Chord Cobra3 i.c. ProAc Studio 130 speakers

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Donna and Blitzen by Badly Drawn Boy

Xmas Time Is Here Again - My Morning Jacket

Just Like Christmas - Low

Sleigh Bells, Reindeer & Snow - Rita Faye Wilson

Come On, Let's Boogey To The Elf Dance - Sufjan Stevens

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Even though i don't celebrate Christmas(Saturnalia) myself i can't deny a penchant for a good seasonal tune.

My preferences are:

The Pogues & Kirsty McColl(the late & great) - Fairytale of New York.

Jona Lewie - Stop the Cavalry.

Regards.

BABUR.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I think it would have to be Macca and Wings....Wonderful Christmastime.....brings back memories of going out on Christmas Eve to the local pub in the village with friends and family...

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
robjcooper:Phil Spector's Christmas Album is a fave in our household. He may be a bad wig wearing murderer, but he sure can mix a wonderful winterland wall of sound !

A big thumbs up for that one Robjcooper.

Sugden A21 amp, NaimCD5XS CDP, Chord Cobra3 i.c. ProAc Studio 130 speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts