Favourite music?

ajjm65

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
I've just tracked down a CD copy of one of my favourite 80s bands, the LP copy of which I lost years ago - Fashion (CD title: The Height of Fashion).

A truly underrated band at the time, their music was funky, electro, pop - everything in the right doses. Great lyrics and videos too! Check them out on YouTube. Tracks to look for: Love Shadow, Move On, Slow Blue...

Me, I love all that 80s New Romantic stuff - memories of great times, a time when you dressed up properly to go out clubbing - no trainers, no jeans!

A

Anonymous

Find myself putting on Jethro Tull, John Mayall, Walter Trout quite a lot at the moment
emotion-21.gif

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Bright Eyes latest 'The Peoples Key' is my favourite album so far this year. Got a fanatastic back catalogue too. Experimental..ish but very listenable Americana at its best

Conor Oberst is reportedly packing it all in after this one which is a great shame if true
emotion-6.gif
');" title="Sad -
emotion-6.gif
">
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

ronhjuyfg:Always on the lookout for new (or old) bands to check out. What are you guys listening to at the moment?

Always find this place pretty useful coupled with Spotify for trying allsorts of different music.

Enjoy
emotion-21.gif

Nick

matthewpiano

On the rock side of things I'm mostly listening, at the moment, to:

Van Der Graaf Generator (going to see them live in a couple of weeks. 'Trisector' is a great album.)
Barclay James Harvest (saw them live a fortnight ago and several times before. Try 'Once Again' or 'Everyone Is Everybody Else'.)
Blackfield (going to see them live next month! New album out at the end of March.)
Edgar Broughton Band (just getting into them and enjoying their stuff. Their eponymous 3rd album is the place to start)
Strawbs (seen them live and been a fan for years. 'From The Witchwood' is a great intro.)
Pineapple Thief ('Tightly Unwound' is a superb album. They are supporting Blackfield)
Baker Gurvitz Army (just getting into these. Their albums have just been reissued.)

Worth checking out. You might hate them all, but there might just be something you really take to. Spotify is your friend here!

A

Anonymous

Ringo Deathstarr, Voxtot, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, Brother

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
My Morning Jacket's At Dawn

Sufjan Stevens' All Delighted People EP

Al Stewart's Year Of The Cat

The Who's Odds & Sods

Radiohead's King of Limbs & Kid A

Fleet Foxes' Helplessness Blues

Fuzzy Felt Folk compilation

The Fall's Shift-work

The Sleepy Jackson's Lovers

The Decemberists' King Is Dead

A

Anonymous

Charlie Jefferson:My Morning Jacket's At Dawn

The Who's Odds & Sods

The Fall's Shift-work

The Decemberists' King Is Dead Odds &sods, is that not a compilation album? Who's next is their best album by a country mile.
emotion-1.gif

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
These are my current favourites and never too far from the CDP:

A Fine Frenzy, Bomb in a Birdcage

Antje Duvekot, The Near Demise of the Highwire Dancer

Sarah Blasko, What the Sea Wants the Sea Will Have

Meg Hutchinson, Come Up Full

Kate Walsh, Peppermint Radio

David Wilcox, How Did You Find Me Here

Bombay Bicycle Club, Floors

Teitur, Poetry and Aeroplanes

Joshua Radin, We Were Here

Ingrid Michaelson, Everybody

Sugden A21L amp, Naim CD5XS CDP, Chord Cobra3 i.c. ProAc Studio 130 speakers.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
ronhjuyfg:Charlie Jefferson:My Morning Jacket's At Dawn

The Who's Odds & Sods

The Fall's Shift-work

The Decemberists' King Is Dead Odds &sods, is that not a compilation album? Who's next is their best album by a country mile.

emotion-1.gif

Er, yes Odds & Sods is a compilation and yes, Who's Next is one, if not the best Who LP.

I wasn't writing a definitive best of, more a sample of good stuff I'm listening to at the moment. As asked for by the OP.

Peace brother/sister/other!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts