Fault with my Samsung!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I have a problem with my Samsung TV it has vertical banding and dse. See picture:

won’t let me upload for some reason! Going to call John Lewis and try and get it fixed though.

My dad has just said I can have his LG 65C9 OLED TV and he will have my Samsung. So I have said ok and thanks! All sorted. (y)

I have changed my mind and going to keep with my Samsung and investigate the issue further. Has anyone any knowledge of the issues I have said and what to do about them? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I have just cancelled this though because I have a problem with my Samsung TV it has vertical banding and dse. See picture:

won’t let me upload for some reason! Going to call John Lewis and try and get it fixed though.

My dad has just said I can have his LG 65C9 OLED TV and he will have my Samsung. So I have said ok and thanks! All sorted. (y)

I have changed my mind and going to keep with my Samsung and investigate the issue further. Has anyone any knowledge of the issues I have said and what to do about them? Thanks.

Screen Uniformity is an issue at all price points and unfortunately - we can't buy our way out of it.
dse is a panel lottery, some people are more sensitive to this more so than others. I really struggle with Football content during panning shots. If you see dse or banding during sky scenes but not in normal content like tv shows or movie scenes. I would consider that normal Gel. Do you watch a lot of sports and game a lot?

I don't own OLED but I believe these sets all have banding and all LED TVs have dse, unfortunately some panels can get both.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Screen Uniformity is an issue at all price points and unfortunately - we can't buy our way out of it.
dse is a panel lottery, some people are more sensitive to this more so than others. I really struggle with Football content during panning shots. If you see dse or banding during sky scenes but not in normal content like tv shows or movie scenes. I would consider that normal Gel. Do you watch a lot of sports and game a lot?

I don't own OLED but I believe these sets all have banding and all LED TVs have dse, unfortunately some panels can get both.
I watch a lot of football and notice it there mainly. One thing I have done is changed the picture settings to standard from natural and its a bit better now. Cheers.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I watch a lot of football and notice it there mainly. One thing I have done is changed the picture settings to standard from natural and its a bit better now. Cheers.

I do be very sensitive to dse as well. But once you see it you can't unsee it. Playing around with the settings can help with the football. Consider ambilight for night viewing with the football

D

Deleted member 2457

I am starting to think that when I bought a Pioneer 600m Kuro on eBay for £150 years ago I wish I had known about Anyvan.com:

Or when I bought Steve Withers test Pioneer Kuro 5090 plasma with hardly any use for £180 (I think) it was. :(

D

Deleted member 2457

Ooo John Lewis pulling their finger out, I might have some good news about my Samsung fault.

D

Deleted member 2457

Saying possible screen replacement or new TV. I definitely don’t want another TV, there is nothing else that compares at the price we paid. The John Lewis guy couldn’t believe the price we paid for it.

buzz_lightclick

I am starting to think that when I bought a Pioneer 600m Kuro on eBay for £150 years ago I wish I had known about Anyvan.com:

That’s who I used to deliver my 600M. Good service.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I received my Samsung Q90T yesterday Gel. I ran a dse screen pattern test. As you can see from the corners and the bottom besel, you can detect dse. But the overall panel is clean! In normal viewing I don't see it except in football content which is very mild IMG_20210123_000609_BURST001_COVER.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2457

I received my Samsung Q90T yesterday Gel. I ran a dse screen pattern test. As you can see from the corners and the bottom besel, you can detect dse. But the overall panel is clean! In normal viewing I don't see it except in football content which is very mild View attachment 1996
You also have a purple line running around the outside of the screen. I have heard about this issue while investigating mine and it seems like a common issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

I received my Samsung Q90T yesterday Gel. I ran a dse screen pattern test. As you can see from the corners and the bottom besel, you can detect dse. But the overall panel is clean! In normal viewing I don't see it except in football content which is very mild View attachment 1996
Have you got any judder or stutter on 50hz material?

D

Deleted member 2457

So are JL taking it away to be repaired?
No, not sure what’s happening awaiting a call or email from repair shop. Nothing to do with John Lewis because it’s less than a year old, so Samsung’s responsibility.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Have you got any judder or stutter on 50hz material?

I heard the chase is the acid test for this issue. So i watched that programme yesterday and today to see if I can detect the stutter. I couldn't see it, the latest firmware update is available so not sure if that brings any issues or not...

D

Deleted member 2457

I heard the chase is the acid test for this issue. So i watched that programme yesterday and today to see if I can detect the stutter. I couldn't see it, the latest firmware update is available so not sure if that brings any issues or not...
Nice one - thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

Can dse getting better or worse? Mine seems to have got a bit better.

D

Deleted member 2457

It basically looked like this:

Now I have changed the picture settings from natural to standard and I can’t see it any more!

D

Deleted member 2457

I have sold my Xbox over this issue because it appears to be related to brighter screen settings and the Xbox is on a bright picture setting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts