Fatman 182 Speaker choice - B&W 685s?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Excuse the newbie posting, but wondering if anyone could advise me on a pair of speakers that match the fatman 182 amp well?

Currently I have a pair of wharfedale 9.1s and I'm thinking about upgrading to something under the £500 mark, wondering if anyone has tried this amp with the 685s, or if there's any other speakers you think I should listen to?

Thanks for your help

Ben

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The Fatman is a good system but IMO it wont drive the B&W 685's to their best. They need a solid, gutsy amp behind them

The speakers I've heard with the Fatman were the M/A BR2's and the Dali Lektor 2's and they both sounded brilliant.

My older brother has the Fatman with Dali Lektor 2's on Atacama Nexus 6i stands (mass loaded) and it's a superb syste,

It'd be handy to know what music you generally listen to?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I listen to lots of different things, jazz, classical, folk, rock - I have quite eclectic tastes!

Have never seen a pair of Dalis, will have to track some down and have a listen. Interesting though that you recommend them, they seem to be rated 2Db less sensitive than the 685s, or am I missing something?

How would you compare the 182 to your 355 (obviously totally different systems, but soundwise) ?

Thanks

Ben

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yes the Dali's are less sensitive but they are a better speaker as they're easier to drive across the range. They sound good at low volume as well as high volume!

The B&W 685's aree superb speakers but they do need to be drive hard to get the best out of them.

The Fatman doesnt compare to the NAD sorry. Both very good but the Fatman doesnt have the breadth of soundstage or the punch that the NAD does

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts