FAO Shaxos - MF 550k Superchargers brand new £1250 for the pair

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just been sent this link seems a bargain -

http://www.hifigear.co.uk/site/scripts/product_browse.php?product_id=4220&category_id=510

I'd buy a pair if not just bought two Arcam P35s - ******

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I still don't understand the logic behide them! I know Mr. E spend a while with the 550K (with superNait) and was impressed. I suppose the the ex-demo price above you wouldn't loose too much money if at all, worth a try shax.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
This obviously is a very good price. I've wondered a few times what difference these would make apart from power/volume and the ability to choose speakers regardless of difficulty to drive.

Then again, they rely on the signal of the first amplifier and with all the components in the signal path I think I'd rather stick with a good amplifier in the first place. I am not familiar with these 'superchargers' and might have misunderstud the concept.

Still, a good price again for a musical fidelity product. We should be used to it by now which also beggs the question, why pay full wack originally when you can pick up everything a year or two down the line for a half price or less ... .

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
The above price is for brand new stock according to the advert

i think i would only use them as a power amp combo with a good pre amp rather than at the speaker end although guess you would have to try it both ways

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:The above price is for brand new stock according to the advert i think i would only use them as a power amp combo with a good pre amp rather than at the speaker end although guess you would have to try it both ways

Are you saying that they can be use as a pair of mono blocks?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Thaiman:
matengawhat:The above price is for brand new stock according to the advert i think i would only use them as a power amp combo with a good pre amp rather than at the speaker end although guess you would have to try it both ways

Are you saying that they can be use as a pair of mono blocks?

Yeah they have line level inputs aswell

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to gatecrash again but I just had a look on the walrus site. They say it has RCA's for just exactly that. If that is correct then that is one major bargain provided the sound is good of course.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i was originally going to buy a pair of these to go with my MF A5pre but decided to pick up two Arcam P35s instead as couldn't stretch the finances at the time and that was less than 2 months ago so bit annoyed really but can't buy them now and sell the Arcams on as GF will kill me

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Its not really something I've considered but it would be interesting to hear from AE with a little feedback. I'm just about to buy my new stuff so perhaps this is worth considering even though it's against everything I want to do ie. reduce the box count. Problem is I can't listen to them first and I've heard some MF systems which did'nt really do it for me, though they were'nt KW range.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I heard a few of KWS series and I thought they are very good, the KW250s must be a bargain of century at the ex-demo/end pf line price they were selling at. I still reckon you can't go wrong for that all in one for under £2K.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I was looking for that system too, half heartedly, about two weeks ago but can't find anywhere that still sell them, new or e/d.

I have to admit, I have pretty much made my mind up about the ADM's after what I've heard in my place. Nothing over the last few months came close apart from a plinius pre/power, player and large MA's but it was a long winded road and they did'nt convince me wholly the first few times. Still, the MF all-in-box looks more what I'd want than the superchargers so if you know of a place pls. let me know.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
drummerman:
I was looking for that system too, half heartedly, about two weeks ago but can't find anywhere that still sell them, new or e/d.

I have to admit, I have pretty much made my mind up about the ADM's after what I've heard in my place. Nothing over the last few months came close apart from a plinius pre/power, player and large MA's but it was a long winded road and they did'nt convince me wholly the first few times. Still, the MF all-in-box looks more what I'd want than the superchargers so if you know of a place pls. let me know.

ex display but still like £3k - give them a call they might deal on it

http://www.technosound.co.uk/nav.php?pageid=special#MK

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Dunstable or Milton Keynes is 'do-able' but not within the next two weeks. I'd have to listen to it first but 3k seems a lot. I thought Is saw them under £2000 at one stage. Thanks for the link matengawaht.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i've seen thme for under £2k but was going back about 6 weeks - i picked up my MF v8 CDP and v8 DAC for £720 at about the same time but none around now and the dacs have been going for like £600 on ebay - mf kit seems to be the big bargain at the moment

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up guys but i have secured a MF KW550 for a ridiculous price (new) and you will be suprised how (relativaly) little more it is that just the superchargers alone. I also sold my bel canto pre and power so would have to buy a decent pre any way if i get this. When combined the price will be far more than what i am paying for the kw550. With the price i got this MF for it makes no sense for anyone to go for the superchargers alone when you could get the the monster intgegrated! I should get the amp at the beggining of next month (when i finally get payed :) ) and will let you know what i think of it in my system.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I just read WHH's review of the superchargers, I should make more use of the facility, tend to forget its there.

Based on that review I'm not sure, sounding good at lower volume is high on my priorities, so is detail and neutrality but still interested in the 'compact' 250k. I assume that review was written by AE?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
drummerman:

I assume that review was written by AE?

I don't think so....Mr. E wrote the review for Gramophone. I didn't bought that one though so c'mon Mr. E have you got a PDF link to the review
emotion-2.gif

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
drummerman the price is £1995 delivered with full two year waranty. Bargain for a kw550. A second hand damaged one from lintone audio went for more than this recently on ebay.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
SHAXOS:drummerman the price is £1995 delivered with full two year waranty. Bargain for a kw550. A second hand damaged one from lintone audio went for more than this recently on ebay.

Lovely but haven't you forgotten something ... ?

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
If you are after just the monoblocks hows this for a spanking bargain!

£ 1050.00 + Delivery To The U.k. Mainland Only

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showthread.php?p=241161#post241161

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts