FAO Brisk - Can anyone recommend a headphone valve/tube amplifier?

A

Anonymous

The little Dot Series always seems to get good press and you will easily get one inside your budget. Available on ebay from Jasmine Audio. Do a web search and you should be able to find their site and buy direct....saved you the job, look here

http://www.little-tube.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=315&posts=8&start=1

A

Anonymous

The Little Dot Series is supposed to be good though I've not heard it. Alternatively you could take a look at the Creek OBH21SE or the Graham Slee Novo Discrete - both fantastic headphone amps.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
raym87:
The little Dot Series always seems to get good press and you will easily get one inside your budget. Available on ebay from Jasmine Audio. Do a web search and you should be able to find their site and buy direct....saved you the job, look here

I saw these on ebay but always a bit concerned about buying things from china and them being real

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:raym87:

I saw these on ebay but always a bit concerned about buying things from china and them being real

Check out the forum on the link I gave you....they seem to be a reputable company with good srvice and lots of satisfied customers......

A

Anonymous

The customer service is great, and although the manufacturing is done in china you deal through customer service based in the USA. My experience was very good, besides the dot being an amazing piece of kit it is finished really well and communication between customer and dealer top notch. Only took 7 days from china. Once you hear and see the tubes you will fall in love with them instantly. Deal through the ebay member, davidzhezhe, or buy direct.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Brisk:The customer service is great, and although the manufacturing is done in china you deal through customer service based in the USA. My experience was very good, besides the dot being an amazing piece of kit it is finished really well and communication between customer and dealer top notch. Only took 7 days from china. Once you hear and see the tubes you will fall in love with them instantly. Deal through the ebay member, davidzhezhe, or buy direct.

cheers Brisk and Raym87 - just taken the plundge and ordered the Little Dot MK III from davidzhezhe as kept coming across his names on posts i have read - porb take an age to get here because of Xmas post but hopefully not to long......

Brisk i read somewhere abount an earth loop hum which is easily solved with a piece of wire but have you had any problems with this?

A

Anonymous

Never noticed the hum, although just stuck my ear next to it, there is a slight hum, but this can be solved fairly quickly, I think there are some details on the little dot forum. But I shouldn't worry too much unless you have ultra sensitive hearing. I think this may be reduced in my case with the use of a mains conditioner, unsure though.

You will enjoy it very much, I'm using mine as a pre-amp as well, it really is good value for money, will be doing some tube rolling soon, can't wait to have a play. Give it a good run in, I noticed significant improvements after 40 or so hours, and it just gets sweeter. From what I'm reading the unit its self takes a while to mature due to the large capacitors, but its worth the wait. Post impressions after you have had a listen.

A

Anonymous

In short no. The chain goes, CD>DAC>LtDot>Amp, so I catch the signal in the chain after the DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts