Extra surrounds for KEF 2005

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I recently upgraded my old Sony receiver for a Denon AVR 1909. Very impressed I must say. I've still using my 5.1 KEF 2005 speakers and wanted to make use of the new amp's 7.1 capabilities. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on adding in an extra pair of speakers? Which models would be compatible and would you use them as the side surrounds or the back surrounds? Is it worth upgrading to 7.1 from 5.1? Cheers!

A

Anonymous

DrCitrus:Hi. I recently upgraded my old Sony receiver for a Denon AVR 1909. Very impressed I must say. I've still using my 5.1 KEF 2005 speakers and wanted to make use of the new amp's 7.1 capabilities. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on adding in an extra pair of speakers? Which models would be compatible and would you use them as the side surrounds or the back surrounds? Is it worth upgrading to 7.1 from 5.1? Cheers!
You have two options. You can add one or two more eggs in for surround duties. If yours are the original 2005's, they won't be available anymore so you'll have to source them second hand, or add two of the Mark three's. Or, if satellites aren't your only option, you could look at replacing them with something like the iQ5SE's, which can be had for the same amount of money. These are compact floorstanders which wil give you much better music performance than the satellites, if this is required. If you took this route, you could add the matching iQ2c/iQ20c centre later on to even up the front speakers.

Of course, this is only worth it if you have a wide room. If it's less than 3m across then there's not too much point in going for 6.1/7.1. Also, if your sofa is against the back wall, make sure the rear centre/centres are up above ear level - there's nothing worse than having a speaker stuck in your ear. If you know what I mean :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts