Extending Naim 2 channel to AV

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Due to an odd layout house I've had 2 separate systems:

Hi fi is Naim NAIT5i, CD5i and Dynaudio Audience 52 SEs.

AV system is Yamaha DSP 492 processor, Arcam Alpha 8 and 12 year old Kef Q35 floorstanders, 60s rears and 80C centre.

We're about to move to a new house with better layout and I want one system, but I don't want to comprise the wonderful sound from the 2 channel Naim system, I'd like to utilise what I have and can't afford the Naim AV add ons.

I'm thinking of adding the Yamaha processor to the Naim mix and want to know if this is possible as I know Naim kit can be fussy what it connects to.

I'd keep the Dynaudio 52SEs as front speakers and was wondering what would make good additions for centre and rears. should I stick with the Kef rears (or use the old floorstanders as the rears if the Missus will allow it) or will combining different makes sound awful ?

The cheapest Dynaudios seem to be the Audience 42 but at £400 for rears seems overkill... especially as I don't think I'd even get half that on eBay if I sold the Alpha 8 amp AND the Kef speakers.

Your suggestions would be most welcomed.

Oh and in case it matters, DVD player is an ageing but still great Pioneer 616 which will be replaced by a Blu Ray once prices come down and available media goes up.

Roger

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
OK - it was a long a tedious post to read !!

I'll ask a more simple question - what would be good rear and centre speakers (and maybe sub) to accompany Dynaudio Audience 52SEs at the front ?

thanks...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts