Exposure XX amplifiers

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi again,

I currently have a NAD C370 which I am mainly using for vinyl with B&W 603s3 speakers and am thinking of changing it for one of the above.

I have had the NAD for a couple of years and it doesn't really thrill me, for example I prefer my Alpha 9 but I think it works better with the speakers and give a fantatic wide and deep soundstage.I could get another one of these but I like to try things out in the s/hand market.

The Exposure choice is part curiosity and I have heard the current 2010/3010 s2 ranges and like the presentation but see those who say they don't have the thrill factor of the older designs so am thinking this could be a good replcement.

I will be using with B&W speakers, I also use the cdm1nt's but know they both don't like amps with a harsh/bright top end.

So was wondering if anyone could let me know how the exposure would compare with the NAD, which particular amp in the range I should look at eg super xx, xxv etc... and how they get on with B&W speakers.

I will be mainly litening to older rock, soul , reggae, bit of jazz, nice !

Thanks for any replies all views welcome.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thought I would reply to my own thread.

Have taken the plunge and bought a s/hand Exposure XXV to hopefully replace the NAD C370, I hope it gives the improvements I am looking for.

I pick it up on Thursday so will have a good blast over the weekend and give my thoughts for anyone who is interested.

I have to say I am really looking forward to hearing it, if it is not giving me what I want over the NAD then it is back to the drawing board but the resale of the NAD will hopefully cover the cost of the EXposure.

Maybe if anyone can offer any other suggestions for replacing the NAD I am still interested, I do enjoy swapping things about a bit and so far, if I sell the NAD, is not at all expensive.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts