Exposure 2010

huddo

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
From what I remember the 2010S has more power 75watts Vs 50watts and probably tweeked abit to give a better sound but there must be an Exposure fan or two who can give a more accurate reply

A

Anonymous

WhiteZombie:What is the difference between the 2010 and the 2010s, anyone heard them to compare the difference?

do you mean integrated amp or power amp? or cd player...

A

Anonymous

my previous amp was exposure 2010s. 2010s is better than 2010 in all aspect.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The 2010 is better than the suffix S model to my ears. The laster 2010s tend to sound a bit lightweight in comparison (and yes, I did compared them side by side).

If you like Naim house sound but can't afford the high asking price, try hunting down the early Exposure 2010 and you will be surprise how close to Naim's PRaTiness the Exposure can be (cd player included)

A

Anonymous

I'm glad someone else thought this. Funnily enough I replaced a Naim set up (sold to go travelling) with an Exposure 2010 cd player and amp. I auditioned the 2010s in a shop and preferred the originals. I find it odd Exposure don't get more exposure. I was talking to the guys in the shop when I bought my Linn Kans and they said the same thing. Fantastic products (which probably is why I never see second-hand Exposure products coming up on ebay).

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
hi, i know this is a very old thread but I can get the 2010 amp +cd player for a very good price of 500 pounds. so 250 for amp and 250 for cd.

now what would be a nice speaker for a not so big room 20-25m2 to match this set?

i love rock music btw

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
* iam sorry gotta disagree, i have owned the rs6 and it only sounded right from 80 cm + they were very fatiguing.

I had some demo's already, I absolutely disliked monitor audio and Totem because all of them were fatiguing. B&W and PMC were very boring.

I did a good job with my AVI neutron 2.1, but the subwoofer is annoying because the speaker terminals are in the subwoofer , AVI ADM are not my cup of tea, loads of detail but almost no low end, subwoofer is a no-go I don't like a sub in my living room, I have the ADM' s in my study room but in my living room I want some more low end.

I did demo my neutrons with the new exposure 2010s2 and it sounds fantastic, only problem, not enough low end grunt. I don't need much more but just a little.

Maybe the ProAC studio 115 would be a nice option.

but this is just speculating because I never heard them

But it was just scary how much better the AVI neutron 5 were against the totem mite. avi's were clear, clean and thight , the totems were boxy, slow in bass and harsh in the treble.

poldo said:
* iam sorry gotta disagree, i have owned the rs6 and it only sounded right from 80 cm + they were very fatiguing.

I had some demo's already, I absolutely disliked monitor audio and Totem because all of them were fatiguing. B&W and PMC were very boring.

I did a good job with my AVI neutron 2.1, but the subwoofer is annoying because the speaker terminals are in the subwoofer , AVI ADM are not my cup of tea, loads of detail but almost no low end, subwoofer is a no-go I don't like a sub in my living room, I have the ADM' s in my study room but in my living room I want some more low end.

I did demo my neutrons with the new exposure 2010s2 and it sounds fantastic, only problem, not enough low end grunt. I don't need much more but just a little.

Maybe the ProAC studio 115 would be a nice option.

but this is just speculating because I never heard them

But it was just scary how much better the AVI neutron 5 were against the totem mite. avi's were clear, clean and thight , the totems were boxy, slow in bass and harsh in the treble.

Certainly not been my experience of MA and Totem. I've had RS6s sitting here for four years. PMC boring??

If that's the case then try Focal - better still, go and listen to few pairs of your choice.

A

Anonymous

the dm 2/7s can be placed very close to walls with no issues, brilliant speakers...

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
ik had the same problems with RS6 as you maxx with your rx6.

Ik trade them for the AVi Neutrons wich are miles better then the rs6. No boom and no harsh sound.

How big is you room maxx?

A

Anonymous

hi poldo, my room is 4.5mts by 4.5.

yes i agree that in my experience the rx6s need a bit of space, lovely speakers that i really enjoyed, fantastic build quality and looks imo, but lacking in smoothness and finesse..

maxflinn said:

yes i agree that in my experience the rx6s need a bit of space, lovely speakers that i really enjoyed, fantastic build quality and looks imo, but lacking in smoothness and finesse..

To be fair, Max, as we've discussed before that your room is fairly relective, so I can understand that harshness could infect a speaker like MA, especially with the metal dome tweeter. On the other hand, my room is the polar opposite: Lots of lush carpet and furniture. This I know for a fact elliminates any nasties at both ends of the frequency range.

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
maxflinn said:

To be fair, Max, as we've discussed before that your room is fairly relective, so I can understand that harshness could infect a speaker like MA, especially with the metal dome tweeter. On the other hand, my room is the polar opposite: Lots of lush carpet and furniture. This I know for a fact elliminates any nasties at both ends of the frequency range.
fair enough pp, i can imagine they would sound much better in your room, i think with it's acoustics, it's soft dome tweeters only in mine...

poldo said:
Plastic P,

do you have a picture of your room on this forum (or another) so I can see how you have dressed your room?

ciao

Poldo

Unfortunately no. Well I do but not yet downloaded. I'll give you the room dimensions and explain where and how I have my system.

The living room is 17' x 13' approx. Because of the room topography e.g. the back door goes straight into the living room and the bedroom is the extension of the living room, separarted by sliding doors. This means I can only have the hi-fi firing across the narrow part (13').

We have carpet with cork tiling underneath - we used to have under floor heating - and wallpaper. Approx 12" from the r/h speaker is a bookcase. Effectively, you are sitting about 8-9' from the speakers, with the RS6s sitting roughly 12" from the wall.

There's certainly no harshness, but never turn the amp beyond 10 o'clock - also consider the Leema has tremendous taut, fast bass levels which helps to sooth any nasties.

Hope this helps.

poldo said:
thanks Plastic,

I think carpet would make a big difference + leema is a very good amp for the rs6

No probs

I still think that room acoustics is more important than the Leema. Last year when we had the house rewired, the living room was bare. Anyway over a weekend I decided to set the Leema and the Arcam Alpha back up, and although the treble wasn't harsh, the echoey room influenced the sound on both amps.

TRENDING THREADS