Evolve Lifestation amp requirement?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know whether I need an amp to run an Evolve Lifestation? It claims to be stand alone but I can not see that it has a built in amp in the spec. If it does need an amp does it need to be multi-channel? All thoughts and recomendations gratefully received!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just checked this product. It looks to me like a stand alone Media Center which means the user needs to have a TV and an amp with speakers. Good thing is it gives out both analoue and digital outs so you can use an AV Receiver too or Integrated Amp depending on your choice.

I have not understood the reason behind it's 16KG weight. Do you have any idea about its pricing?

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I have Ruark prologue/epilogue/dialogue speakers and need a new amp - I was thinking Onkyo TX-NR808 or Pioneer VSX-LX53 - all opinions welcome!

I am not sure about the reason for the weight, the price is around £3800, which is a serious investment for me but I think I will be future proofed for the forseeable.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
HI Frazer - When it comes to Computer based electronics - there is no real future proof and that is a lot of money they are asking for. I used to run a Mac Mini (Plex / XBMC) with AVR and 5.1 speakers which was quite alright. Please try a Mac Mini once and then try "Evolve" with a return back. I will be very surprised if there is 3800 pound worth usability.

I think Pioneer is preferred alot but the Home Cinema section can help you generate more views.

All the best!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts