Ever worked out how much you have spent on your HiFi?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Just under £1000 including stands and sand to fill them. The best grand I've ever spent! :dance:

I did loose a couple of hundred pounds selling on the previous Yamaha / Q Acoustics system though so around £1200 in total for the hifi.

Also about £500 spent on the MP3 player and headphones.

Not forgetting the Tacima mains filter and a few cables - another £80 or so.

Oh and another £90 for the last pair of Westone headphones, also some cheap £30 Sennheiser's and about another £30 lost selling the first MP3 player secondhand.

Total: Just over £2K spent. Not bad at all really. :cheer:

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Yep,also for insurance, anyone willing to reveal the figures ? I`ll start by saying it would cost about 10K to replace my current system which is around double of what I thought until I worked it out. This doesn`t include the various amps,speakers etc. ect. replaced over the years but most of them were sold on albeit at a loss......

jjbomber

Over £20K and counting. A lot less that the cars!

For insurance purposes do you include things like Sky Boxes? What about ipods and such like? What about the album collection? Then there's all the equipment that has been bought and sold.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Don't talk to me about cars!
smiley-cool.gif

Chris

jjbomber

CnoEvil said:
What! Everyone knows that all cars are the same to drive, so expensive ones are simply a waste of money. :shifty:

All digital cars are the same. The old analogue cars are definitely different.

Besides, my wife emtered the new car I was test driving and said she could tell there was a difference. Now that is conclusive proof!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmm..... £68k to replace both the 2 channel and AV system. Mostly purchased second hand for just over £30k, but still indefensible.....

Fifth drink going down now.

Guess how much of the £68k is made up by the cost of cables?

Joke. Please let's not start that again.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah for replacement , new for old I'd have to go about 5k , didnt pay that much, end of line and open box buys , averaged 60% of RPP on my last 3 buys , only ever sold i pre amp and two power amps and it wasnt worth it , I got no enjoyment from that , I always give my old gear away , I get enjoyment from that

James

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Cars will be in £100k's. Hifi much less, maybe £20k at current prices.

Chris

PS The 3 Imprezas I owned would have come to £100k on their own.

Oooh, I owned 3 Imprezas as well.......drove no better than a Trabant though. :roll:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Covenanter said:
CnoEvil said:
Covenanter said:
Cars will be in £100k's. Hifi much less, maybe £20k at current prices.

Chris

PS The 3 Imprezas I owned would have come to £100k on their own.

Oooh, I owned 3 Imprezas as well.......drove no better than a Trabant though. :roll:

Then you didn't own an Impreza!

Chris

It must have been the Trabant that had the Prodrive interior....it's easy to get muddled. :doh:

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
Covenanter said:
smiley-cool.gif

Chris

What! Everyone knows that all cars are the same to drive, so expensive ones are simply a waste of money. :shifty:

Sheesh! Go and stand in the corner and write 100 times: Alfas are great cars. :dance:

I had an Alfasud. It rusted to pieces. The boot-lid came off in my hands. Great car to drive, terrible to own.

Chris

Covenanter said:
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
Covenanter said:
smiley-cool.gif

Chris

Sheesh! Go and stand in the corner and write 100 times: Alfas are great cars. :dance:

I had an Alfasud. It rusted to pieces. The boot-lid came off in my hands. Great car to drive, terrible to own.

Chris

Yup, the Alfasud was a complete bEDITEDd when it came to rust. F**t within a few feet and the chassis would fall to pieces. The newer models 156, 159 don't have that problem. Sturdy bodywork and fabulous engines, their achilles heel, however, is they eat lightbulbs.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The Imprezas were a joy to drive though. Very fast and wonderful chassis. I lived in Scotand when I bought the first one and they were wonderful in the snow. I have a MX5 now which also has a great chassis. Not as fast as the Impreza but great fun still.

Chris

Covenanter said:
The Imprezas were a joy to drive though. Very fast and wonderful chassis. I lived in Scotand when I bought the first one and they were wonderful in the snow. I have a MX5 now which also has a great chassis. Not as fast as the Impreza but great fun still.

Chris

The Imprezas are very fast, mind-blowingly so but I was just put off by the tacky gold wheels and the reputation of being the extreme boy racer. TBF, not too many boys could afford the insurance.

The Alfas are a bit more exclusive, and although don't have the outright performance of a Subaru, they never fail to put a huge grin on your face.

Last Saturday we went to Brooklands Museum because they a Auto italia day. Bliss. :)

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

The Imprezas are very fast, mind-blowingly so but I was just put off by the tacky gold wheels and the reputation of being the extreme boy racer. TBF, not too many boys could afford the insurance.

The Alfas are a bit more exclusive, and although don't have the outright performance of a Subaru, they never fail to put a huge grin on your face.

Last Saturday we went to Brooklands Museum because they a Auto italia day. Bliss. :)

The gold wheels are tacky but I am old enough not to give a s**t. The insurance was mind-blowing but before I retired it wasn't an issue. I'm really pleased I owned them because they were such great fun.

Chris

PS The Mx5 is wonderful for the money!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Short answer to the original question is no, but I do know I've spent far more money over the years making sideways moves that turned out not to be better, just different, rather than the real genuine improvements they were intended to be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts