Ever look back and giggle at how you used to watch films?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have a modest home cinema set up, Onkyo 607 with the Kef 1005.2's and was watching a film the other day when I was thinking about how at some point we all catch the bug and continue to evolve our set ups. This then lead on to me thinking how I used to watch films.

Back in the day I had a tiny little 2.1 speaker system (at a HUGE 20w) which was designed for PC's. I used to plug the headphone jack into the tv's headphone socket to get 'better' sound.

For the record the TV was aincent as well, even for the time, but then I was only 16.

Anyone else ever look back and giggle at how you used to watch films?

Messiah

Oh I remember how I used to watch them..................

3553638585_0157bc34e9.jpg

A

Anonymous

Damn crappy work PC's that don't allow the pictures to come up
emotion-6.gif
I'll look when I get home.

Messiah

(Basically an Old Skool Black and White portable that you had to tune when you changed channel and no matter what, had a line running down through the picture! - Those were the days
emotion-2.gif
)

A

Anonymous

That brings back memory's of those annoying little wheels you had to turn to tune things! No dual satellite inputs in those days!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I'm not giggling at the mo!
emotion-9.gif

Our main set is currently back for repair. We gave away our second set to my parents, as we were upgrading it. We haven't got round to upgrading it yet!

So... we're currently stuck with the third choice, a 28" Thomson curvyvision 4:3 set, that took pride of place in the missus' old flat a decade ago!

To think I bought an Aiwa midi system and a Sanyo 21" TV with my first ever wage cheques, and sat open-gobbed in awe when I watched my first movie in stereo
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

LOL @ Stereo sound. Good old fashioned 1.0 sound for a lot of my old videos's :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts