Ever heard of Atoll?

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Have you guys ever heard of this french hifi company called Atoll?

I have the IN100 integrated amplifier on home demo right now, and it's unbelievable! So different from the British amplifiers I've heard.

Do they have a good track record of reliability and customer support?

idc

batonwielder:

I have the IN100 integrated amplifier on home demo right now, and it's unbelievable! So different from the British amplifiers I've heard.

Interesting, different in what way?

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Compared to the Roksan Kandy K2, it's definitely more lively. Music hovers in front of you and around you. It's warmer in a more effusive way and in fuller images. It also has less mechanical noise and hum.

It's certainly not as black in the background, even-handed, and detailed as the K2 though.

It's going to be a battle!

A

Anonymous

batonwielder:
Compared to the Roksan Kandy K2, it's definitely more lively. Music hovers in front of you and around you. It's warmer in a more effusive way and in fuller images. It also has less mechanical noise and hum.

It's certainly not as black in the background, even-handed, and detailed as the K2 though.

It's going to be a battle!

Yes, the sound you describe seems to be a design goal amongst French speaker and hi fi manufacturers. Atoll are well regarded here - their original amps drew raves from the critics, but haven't heard the new ones.

There are some old reviews on the TNT-audio website. I've also had the impression they weren't that well finished, but it's a while since I looked at the range.

dermanu

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
beware of quality problems and reliability! I have an Atoll pr 200 pre amp and an AM200 power amp. The pre has serious problems with the source selelctor; from time to time one channel does not work! Has been repaired twice, but in vain. With te power amp no problems untill now, it just runs very hot when listenning loud. Lacks a fan! Would not advise this brand in combination with low sensivity speakers.

TRENDING THREADS