Equipment positioning?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Where is the best place to postion your kit? To keep cable runs to a minimum it would obviously be in between the speakers, but i've also been told that its best not to have the kit there as the vibrations from the speakers will interfere more! Any ideas? I'm not really up for buying longer runs of cable at £5+ per meter just to experinemt.

A

Anonymous

Vibratinos Shouldnt make to much difference providing you take the necessary procedures to stop them eg. Having a rack that is on spikes and maybe the shelves to try something similar to the atacama equinox range.

Plus make sure your speakers are more isolated by being on spikes too!

I have done this and it cuts out vibration considerably. I have also fitted those Isolation Pads to my Dvd and Cd player which seems to help even more.

Hope this is helpful

Paul

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the answer.The speakers are currently on sand filled atacama nexus 6's and the hifi on a pixel rack from richer sounds... After having had both Linn empolyees and guys at Glasgow Audio tell me that they (equipment racks) make no difference i bought it purely for aesthetic reasons... I wish i'd spent more and gone for the equinox as instantly i had to check if the bass had been accidentally turned up! Who knows what the better rack could have done.

I've not heard any problems with vibrations, but since i'm moving flat and the equipment could sit nicely in the bay window i figured i'd ask.

A

Anonymous

>> Equipment positioning?
>> Where is the best place to postion your kit?
>> Vibratinos Shouldnt make to much difference
OMG, what the world is coming to (picks up his stuff and runs as fast as he can)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ranjeetrain"]>> Equipment positioning?
OMG, what the world is coming to (picks up his stuff and runs as fast as he can)[/quote]Having been given conflicting advice, i didn't think it was *that* stupid a question....?

A

Anonymous

It's not![quote user="fast eddie"][quote user="ranjeetrain"]
>> Equipment positioning?

OMG, what the world is coming to (picks up his stuff and runs as fast as he can)[/quote]Having been given conflicting advice, i didn't think it was *that* stupid a question....?
[/quote]

It's not!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="chiefbrody"]It's not!It's not![/quote]

Oops! Should I tell before I telling a joke. I just tried being funny.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="fast eddie"]Any ideas? I'm not really up for buying longer runs of cable at £5+ per meter just to experinemt.[/quote]

In the next room, right behind the wall where the speakers are positioned. You drill two holes, feed the speaker cables through and hey ... presto, little vibration.

You have to walk half a mile to change anything, can't use any remote (unless you cut another hole for the remote sensor and cd tray) but it is probably the best place for your gear.

Seriousely though, if you have rear ported speakers try and dont have the equipment behind the plane of the speakers as vibrations are stronger there. There is a multitude other things to consider but dont get to hung up about it. You have to be able to live in your place too.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Maybe I can add something. Obviousely depending on the room I normally find that just in front of the plane of the speakers placed along the sidewall is a good place for a rack.

If you walk around your room when playing bass heavy music, seek out a place where it seems bass light near the speakers. Thats usually a good starting point.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Each pair of speakers will sound different in different room, every rooms are different, every listening positon in every different rooms are different. Am I drunk? I guess I can feel slightly different between before and after the last pint!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
Each pair of speakers will sound different in different room, every rooms are different, every listening positon in every different rooms are different. Am I drunk? I guess I can feel slightly different between before and after the last pint!
[/quote]Aye, i'll be spending an h0our or so moving the speakers about to get them set up, the source/amp usually just gets plonked where ever it fits best though!
emotion-3.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts