Epos M12.2 Loudspeakers

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
I have just brought a cyrus 6vs2 amp would Epos M12.2 Loudspeakers be a good match as im trying to upgrade on a tight budget also have a cambridge 640c v2 cd player .

Will this combination work for the time being?

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
personally I did not like the speakers at all. I listened to them with arcam amplification though so quite different to the cyrus sound. I am not very good at explaining these things but they just didn't seem to hold the music together, I suppose it would be timming that was the problem. I would have a listen before you buy if you can, I almost went for them a while ago because of the reviews and a pair came up cheap glad I didn't now!

damonster said:
I have just brought a cyrus 6vs2 amp would Epos M12.2 Loudspeakers be a good match as im trying to upgrade on a tight budget also have a cambridge 640c v2 cd player .

The Epos I recommend on here fairly frequently, they are superb.However, they do require a quality amp to here them at their best. For me, I wouldn't recommend a budget amp but with Cyrus they are really impressive.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
damonster said:

I'd say no, the 12.2's can be a bit lively in the treble if matched with forward presentation.

Excellent speakers though, shame you didn't get them first..

damonster said:
ok thanks for the reply any input is welcome

Dunno to be frank. I've not heard the Cambridge for a few years and it wasn't with Epos. If you're looking for a speaker that'll cover all scenarios my money would be with Focal. They produce some wonderful speakers, albeit they need a real 'get up and go' amp to make the most of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts