Epos loudspeakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
can anyone tell about his/her experience with the Epos Elan 15 or Elan 30 loudspeakers ?
I couldn't find any info on the Internet other than the manufacture's web site :

http://www.epos-acoustics.com/products/elan-15/

http://www.epos-acoustics.com/products/elan-30/

Concertino

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
L&G`s;

I can give you my first impressions, -I got the Elan 30 connected to my Naim UnitiQute 6 days ago :grin:

First, the build quality is just_fantastic_! I got them in beautiful cherry finish, wood not vinyl mind you.

Comes with a high quality bolt-on plint with solid spikes/tablettes and speaker plugs, and a pair of extra protective grill-baffles for "familiy/party" use(?).

My Qute is about 5 weeks old now, and i think it finally settles down these days and gives me the sound quality i expected from this nice unit.

Elans paired with the Naim UQ:

The Elans speaks very clear, open and extended. No hard edges, no zzzzzs.., just full, pleasing, natural organic voices&instruments. I think the midbass is fast, punchy and bouncy, -deep end is deeep, and the speakers really groove! No matter what i feed them, they just sound very good!

It is IMO a high-end bargain speaker that also can throw a party, and makes it really fun listening to music. But keep in mind, i switched from Audio Note AN-K which was a more "polite" speaker..

However, i do have an issue with the very extended bass these speakers sometimes delivers in my apartment. The mid is very tight and punchy, but the low end seems somewhat overpowered at times. This could very well be my appartment to blame, as i have no problems getting good, extended bass from stand mounts. And i must position them just 20cm from wall/40cm from corner. BTW, Epos also include 2 bass plugs so i will do some experimenting when speakers got some hours on their back. Maybe i will move the whole set up to the opposite wall so speakers can breathe better.

The Qute seems like a good match for these speakers as it is rather "happy and light footed". Might be even better with a Creek amp?

This i might try out ,when the new Creek Evo 50a arrives Oslo.

Elans are very easy to drive, Qutes relative low power seems to be more than enough to keep speakers tight/well controlled.

Cheers,

ET

album-nr-172

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
As an Elan 30 owner I think Concertino has summed them up quite nicely above and I can't add anymore.

Mine are driven by a Creek Evolution 5350 amp. When I was looking at buying new speakers I demoed several different brands (MA, KEF, Focal,Totem, and ProAc) as well as the Epos and they came out on top, both sonically and looks wise too.

As always dont just take our word for it, I would strongly suggest a demo before committing.

Concertino

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
DIB said:
As an Elan 30 owner I think Concertino has summed them up quite nicely above and I can't add anymore.

Happy to learn that!

Could you please share your thoughts on the "deep end" of the 30`s? Managed to tame it? And the general Creek/Epos match -i`m very curious!

I am satisfied most of the time with the bass, which gives the music a welcome fundament.

It just digs too deep sometimes, almost as a low note is pulling the trigger that says "elements, all in for bass!".

But again, this could very well be my close to wall&corner set up causing this.

Rgs.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I certainly dont recognise the bass problems that you occasionally experience. I came to the Elan 30s from a a pair of ProAc Studio 125s which I did find slightly overblown in the bass, so the Elans were a pleasant improvement on that score. My speaker placement is not ideal (either side of a chimney breast, approx 40cms from the rear wall, and 2 mtrs apart) but I dont feel that I'm missing out. The bass bungs are not used either.

The Creek/Epos combination definitely works for me, and put on some Sandy Denny or Eva Cassidy and they really sing beautifully.

Concertino

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just found this link: http://www.reson.ch/de/Elan-Serie/Epos/Lautsprecher/Elan-30

Google translated german text. Regarding the bass, i am sure you and the mags got it right. Good!

Must work with my set up then..

BTW: Rave reviews :clap:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts