Epos ES14N

This is my idea of how to resurrect a brand, with a modern take on the design. However, I can see that fans of the original might say it bears no resemblance, unlike (say) the IAG designs for the Mission 770 and Wharfedale Linton. Of course, there are countless stand-mount 2-ways, so this Epos had better have a healthy smattering of Fink magic.

I can’t wait to hear a pair of these!

KHF

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The original speaker was from 1983 and was designed long before Klippel, without modern simulation technology, and without modern materials. I think it was a great speaker, but so many new developments have been made in the last 40 years - I could not ignore what I learned in those years. I think Robin Marshall did what he thought was the best he knew at that time. and compared to other speakers of the same period, it was really special.

BTW, I'll be at the Bristol show, so if somebody wants to know more about the background of the speaker, I'm happy to answer all questions.

ATB Karl-Heinz Fink

D

Deleted member 201267

The original speaker was from 1983 and was designed long before Klippel, without modern simulation technology, and without modern materials. I think it was a great speaker, but so many new developments have been made in the last 40 years - I could not ignore what I learned in those years. I think Robin Marshall did what he thought was the best he knew at that time. and compared to other speakers of the same period, it was really special.

BTW, I'll be at the Bristol show, so if somebody wants to know more about the background of the speaker, I'm happy to answer all questions.

ATB Karl-Heinz Fink

Please may i ask what source(s) and amplifier(s) were used to test these loudspeakers ?

KHF

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
we used all sorts of equipment. NAIM Supernait 2, Soulnote A2, both integrated, Rotel A11 Tribute. CANOR Hybrid integrated, Naim 252 preamp NAP160 power amp, Roon streaming on a Soulnote D/A, Aurelic streamer and analog on a Thorens TD124DD with Skyanalog G1 and a Technics SP10 with DS-Audio 003, both on a Soulnote E2.

Best regards

KHF

D

Deleted member 201267

Hi,
we used all sorts of equipment. NAIM Supernait 2, Soulnote A2, both integrated, Rotel A11 Tribute. CANOR Hybrid integrated, Naim 252 preamp NAP160 power amp, Roon streaming on a Soulnote D/A, Aurelic streamer and analog on a Thorens TD124DD with Skyanalog G1 and a Technics SP10 with DS-Audio 003, both on a Soulnote E2.

Best regards

KHF

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Saarländer

Mar 23, 2024
Visit site
"Slow burner" I would like to confim! I bought the es14n on the used market few days ago. The previous owner mentioned 150 hours of usage. When listening at home I thought:no, these are not ready yet. I gave them 5 days pink noise and now: yuppi! The bass is too strong for my rather little listening room. But with some dsp room correction this is easily fixed. Now a mighty symphony orchestra, stable, deep, with finest colors starts in this little room. Room correction/equalizing software, if done right, is the best friend of an audiophile. Thanks to REW and Hqplayer to make these Epos shine. Thanks to KHF for the great care you put into their development.

Addendum: After one more day of listening I am completely fascinated and taken by the quality of these speakers. Truly. What an illusion! I have never heard a violin sounding so real and true, playing in "real" space. Same with voices, piano or anything else. KHF put more than great care into these.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts