EON Energy Meter

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I finally got my free EON energy meter just before xmas (Initially I wasnt interested as I thought with it being free it would be rubbish, how wrong was I?). What a fantastic piece of kit for free.

Anyone else here been quite suprised by how much electricity their components use?

Most shocking for me was that my 46" sony tv actually uses the same power as my pre and power amps combined

My PS3 is VERY hungry for a source thats on for hours at a time

Biggest energy users though are my kettle, toaster, microwave and washing machine (the washing machine only when its accelerating though). Each one hanging around the 3kW mark when in use!

Dan.m

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
I had mine back in october but have not yet opened it. Is it easy to use set up. Does it plug into the mains and give a general reading or can you plug in individual components. Saying that i might leave it unopened if i am in for a shock - ignorance is bliss!! Thing is we will all still the use appliances and components as usual.It does make you think though about energy use. I rewired my house about five years ago and put at least 4 double sockets in each room thinking it would be more than enough - It is amazing how many extensions I have in addition
emotion-10.gif
. Everything seems to run on electricity these days

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Just follow the simply instructions in the manual

Only real problem I had was identifying the right cable to attach the hook over. There are 3 slots in the bottom of the unit, it doesnt signify what the differences are, but I had to plug mine into the left hand one (originally it was in the middle which I assumed would have worked ok)

It measures the wattage usage at any given time. Still easy to work out individual items mind with a little maths.

A

Anonymous

I know what you mean. I had one sat in a box for a few weeks until I set up the NAS/Sonos. To hide its power consumption from the wife. Quite shocking how much some things use yet the tumble dryer doesn't use as much as we expected. The Dyson is quite power hungry as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts