Enjoy your favourite music on the go with this killer portable hi-fi system

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I've just read the above article and either I'm missing something, (wouldn't be the first time), or we're being coaxed into emptying our pockets needlessly.
The article starts by suggesting that we spend over a grand on a smartphone because the audio performance is excellent. Not as good as a dedicated portable media player but good nevertheless. I can understand that, I own an LG smartphone which has excellent audio performance.
However the next section suggests that we buy a Dragonfly Cobalt DAC to go with our smartphone. Again, I understand the use of a dongle DAC to get the best out your audio.
My question is, you might have guessed by now, why both? If I used a lowly Xiaomi Mi 2 lite instead of the mighty Sony Xperia 1 III with the Cobalt DAC would I get lower quality audio? Sure the headphone output of the two phones would be incomparable. A simplistic view would be that the USB from the phone supplies just a series of 1s and 0s which would be the same regardless of the phone. That may not be quite true but there may be very little difference.
Comments anyone?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts