Emotiva UPA 200 or Marantz PM 6004

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i had purchased marantz pm 7003 on bargian but on delivery i found that it was having trouble in volume knob which caused crackling sound while turning volume knob up and down so i returned it back. I was satisfied with sound but had only one complaint that it was bit bright so i couldnt play it at high volume without getting ear fatigue, but then i enjoyed its overall detailed sound and dynamics even at lowest volume it had low frequency extension with enough weight but brighter side of other frequency made low frequency seem weightless over all everything was fine and satisfactory enjoyed this particular model it didnt had toroidal transformer(like pm 6004) and had seperate 15000uf for lt and rt channels so now i m planning for marantz pm 6004 cause i think it has better internal design..???? and i have come accross a brand called emotiva showing good transperency on its website by showing the open hood of each model with showing details of capacitance of each model and things looks good on their website i have no chance to listen it as i stay in india but my brother is in usa and will be comming back so i can call one with him i have sorted emotiva upa 200 i have never heard it and my brother dont know anything about sound can anyone guide me with this . what to do go with well known marantz or risk with emotiva which i get at half price if capacitance and internal design are compared or anyone can suggest me something else my budget is max upto $600
Sorry for being so narrative.

A

Anonymous

emotiva UPA 200 has Fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B. circuit and 350 VA high current ultra-low noise toroidal power transformer and 40000uf of capacitance with two cooling fans and protection circuit. weigth 24 lbs @ $314.00 http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/upa200
marantz has fully discrete circuit for amp and preamp toroidal transformer 20000uf of total capacitance protection circuit. weigth 16 lbs @ $599.00 http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&SubCatId=0&ProductId=PM6004

A

Anonymous

what i can get double capacitance and good built at half the price or i will be fooled???? plz i really need guidance ,who knows this brand and has listened this new emotiva upa200.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hum... this is a hard one to decide dude. I know marantz do very good amps, but do not know of the other company. If i were you i will go with the save option. You can't go wrong with the marantz PM 6004.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts