EMOTIVA MONOBLOCS XPR1 + PRE XSP-1

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
I had an Emotiva XPA-2 and still have (though never use) a XDA-1. The Amp stopped working after about a year. Emo tech support was fairly helpful. Word of warning though - shipping one of Emotiva's amps is not cheap as these amps are heavy. So unless you have someone who can repair it where you are I would not suggest buying one.

As for the XDA-1, I was never really happy with it (for a number of reasons including the sound not being anything special). Hence it is just gathering dust under the bed.

The amp sounded good and was very powerful, but the size and weight were a pain in the @$$ - especially when it stopped working.

Summary - if you have a local Emo dealer, then their amps are worth a try. If you have to ship the amp overseas, then I can't recommend them.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Ajani said:
I had an Emotiva XPA-2 and still have (though never use) a XDA-1. The Amp stopped working after about a year. Emo tech support was fairly helpful. Word of warning though - shipping one of Emotiva's amps is not cheap as these amps are heavy. So unless you have someone who can repair it where you are I would not suggest buying one.

As for the XDA-1, I was never really happy with it (for a number of reasons including the sound not being anything special). Hence it is just gathering dust under the bed.

The amp sounded good and was very powerful, but the size and weight were a pain in the @$$ - especially when it stopped working.

Summary - if you have a local Emo dealer, then their amps are worth a try. If you have to ship the amp overseas, then I can't recommend them.

Thanks Ajani !

Unfortunately I don't leave in the U.S. so I think you are right it is better not deal with Emo stuff . Sometimes it is better to pay more for reliability .

TRENDING THREADS