Email udpates to thread

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there any option to receive email updates any time a thread you have posted to has been updated? This would be very useful as i forget which ones i've posted to .

A

Anonymous

yes, from the main forum home page, choose a topic say TV's & Projectors, scroll to the bottom of the page and on the left there should be a link entitled "More Options". Click on it and it should reveal what you're looking for.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Actually no that wasn't what he was asking for. Those options only allow you to receive an email when a new topic or post is made in that forum not when a new post has been made to a thread that you have posted on. This is what most people want and what the OP was asking about.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I'd prefer an icon in the post listing which indicated which threads I'd posted to. Nice and simple with no annoying emails.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement. Small change to the database, the stored procedure/query and the HCI. Unless, of course, the site has been implemented properly with an n-tiered architecture....in which case you'll have to change the business logic, presenter and view (assuming MVP) layers.

A

Anonymous

I'm starting to get on with the site. It's like a smelly old dog, blind in one eye, farts all the time and even so quite lovable.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Well isn't there an option to choose whether you want to subscribe to email updates to threads you've posted in? Most forum software like phpBB etc has this feature as well as being able to change it for specific threads when you make a post.

I can understand why you turned it off if individual users couldn't disable it. Isn't the forum software due for an upgrade anyway?

Andrew Everard:Tried that. People complained about being snowed with emails. We turned it off.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
DistortedVision:Isn't the forum software due for an upgrade anyway?

In the same way that we're also due for a new ice age, yes...

And Duke Nukem Forever will be with us by the summer.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Is this a prediction of the second coming in
emotion-15.gif
-speak?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Duke Nukem Forever is the next game in the Duken Nukem series, following on from Duke Nukem 3D.

It was first due for release back in 1999. But it's software, so they didn't deliver. It's been promised, off and on, for just about every summer and christmas since.

The picture above is the Duke.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:Duke Nukem Forever then next game in the Duken Nukem series, following on from Duke Nukem 3D.

It was first due for release back in 1999. But it's software, so they didn't deliver. It's been promised, off and on, for just about every summer and christmas since.

The picture above is the Duke.

Ah right. So it's a toy then...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts