cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
are Eltax any good ??? I'm looking at downsizing and found a cheap pair in Richer Sounds.

Have never heard Eltax speakers before and they look nice but dont know weather they sound good or not.

Te model is Eltax Conecept Mini

My amp is Technics SU-8022XE 400Watts total power consumption.

Cheers.

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I have a pair of those connected to my Denon DM31. They are a very small speaker, and to be honest not too good. I would say they would be better suited to being rear speakers in a surround sound set up.

I bought them as I needed very small speakers, as the Denon is in the bedroom, and is only used as a glorified alarm clock these days, so quality was not paramount, but size and price were. I would spend a little more and get a pair of Q Acoustice 1010i for £50 from the same shop.

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
ok thats great thanks for the reply I think I'll stay away from the Eltax mini's - on another note has anybody used Acoustic Solutions speakers and are they decent ??

Thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If money is tight, why not look at 2nd hand?

Don't worry too much about power handling. If your Technics amp has anywhere remotely near that quoted 400 watts power, I'll eat this laptop.
emotion-4.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
That was power consumption, not output. The 8022 has a continuous power output of 2x45W RMS into 8ohms, and 2x100W peak into 4ohms.

But agreed on having a look at the secondhand route.

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
i have eltax concept 180 and 400, and there not that good id reccomend walfdale or something similar there lacking midrange and lower bass, the clarity is ok but i wouldnt reccoment buying them

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
i have eltax concept 180 and 400, and there not that good id reccomend walfdale or something similar there lacking midrange and lower bass, the clarity is ok but i wouldnt reccoment buying them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts