Eltax Symphony 6.2 speakers

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
These are the freebie speakers that were my Dad's, but he's given them to me. I'm planning to buy a cheapie power amp, and use them with my electronic drumkit (It has it's own volume control)

Anyone ever heard these speakers? Just wondering if they're worth selling on, or keeping for use with the mini-system in the bedroom rather than consigning them to drum duties in the garage.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:These are the freebie speakers that were my Dad's, but he's given them to me. I'm planning to buy a cheapie power amp, and use them with my electronic drumkit (It has it's own volume control)

Anyone ever heard these speakers? Just wondering if they're worth selling on, or keeping for use with the mini-system in the bedroom rather than consigning them to drum duties in the garage.

My girlfriend used to have these before I got into AV and took over! They are decent enough and not really worth selling (you would only get about £50) if you have another use for them.

cheyworth

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
They did sell at £150 but very few left. I did have the 8.2 and they produced a powerful sound and matched my marantz PM-66SE very well. I would guess that they would be better with the mini system than drum kit!

Chris

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I run a pair of Symphony 6's in my dining room system (they used to be my main speakers). Gutsy, smooth and nice tone, though not a grave-digging amount of detail...

Only difference I can see between the 6's and 6.2s is that the big reflex port on mine has been replaced with the two smaller ones on the 6.2s

Mini-systems will rock with them...

nottocaluap

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought a pair of these from Ebay for the tiny price of ten pounds and use them with a Yamaha CRX-E150 mini system and they sound incredible. The bass is smooth and deep, mid range is clear and vocals sound very detailed. Treble is also very well defined and not too bright. I did not expect them to sound as good as they do and they have now taken over from my Rega Ela's as they have better bass. Having said that, the Rega's are still better but these suit my music tastes more. I would recommend these to someone who is looking for a nice all rounder for a small price. They are very big as well and are built well and can be bi-wired.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts