electrocompaniet ECI 6DS - anyone heard it?

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
electrocompaniet ECI 6DS - anyone heard it?

Seems to be a nice piece of HW, have not seen the price yet, though.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have not heard it but judging by the spec it is a serious contender and you get a proper high current Electrocompaniet amp in the box that will drive any speakers that are connected to it .

I would also be interested to hear from anyone who has heard it but suspect very few people have as it has only just been released .

http://audiofi.net/2012/09/first-electrocompaniet-ampstreamerdac-the-eci-6ds/

http://www.whathifi.com/news/electrocompaniet-announces-heavyweight-streaming-amplifier

Goldsmith

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Just heard of this company today and also learnt that KEF uses these amplifiers to develop their speakers. There is a thread somewhere in the hi-fi forum that may give more info.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
NHL said:
Esoterically wise, this product outshines the SuperNait, while spending the same money.

It is a bit more expensive that the Naim supernait but I would expect the Electrocompaniet ECI 6DS to totally outclass the Naim in every way especially the amplifier section which will be in a totally different league IMO . :)

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Actually visited an ec dealer today. ECI5 would be the base amp for the new offering. No amp in the store yet. Had to settle with listening to Audio Research cd preamp and powerblock to Wilson Audio Puppy. Was OK, I guess. ;)

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Audio.de have a large review in the latest issue: "High-end mit sahne" - High-end with cream. It is not cheap though.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
NHL said:
Audio.de have a large review in the latest issue: "High-end mit sahne" - High-end with cream. It is not cheap though.

It may not be cheap but top quality never is :) also there are no expensive upgraded power supplies to add later because they already include one ;)

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
@Electro: Can you describe the sound of the Ec products? Have yet to hear one, and it is not that easy! Take Nirvana, as an example, how would it be presented?

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
NHL said:
@Electro: Can you describe the sound of the Ec products? Have yet to hear one, and it is not that easy! Take Nirvana, as an example, how would it be presented?

This is actually quite a hard question to answer because the equipment itself does not have any real sonic signature to speak of but I guess the best way to describe it would be that it sounds natural and honest and produces a sound like real music .

Most HiFi systems no matter how technically good they are struggle to fool the listener into thinking that they are listening to real music .

I can't explain exactly how but Electrocompaniet equipment has the ability to make you forget about the HiFi and just enjoy the music which IMO is quite rare with any other manufacturer .

I am sorry but this is the best I can do, you must try and have a listen for yourself but believe me when I say it will be worth the effort :)

Here is a link to their design philosophy .

http://home.online.no/~tsandstr/OtalaStory.htm

TRENDING THREADS